Hobbyist Forums banner

41 - 60 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Hey Steve, I think Ed should enter th Machine into the Chiller Model Contest... Just for Shitz and Giggles. So all BBers that attend Chiller can see it upclose... Ed runs the contest so it should be ok... I will be there to see the Mystery Machine even though I am on the list to receive it soon.

Travis

·
Lifetime Monster Modeler
4,124 Posts
Travis,

You and I should get together for pics with the MM as we are on the list about the same time. It would be a great time to meet one another!

I've got a couple of ideas of places to take the MM in the SJ area...do you?

MMM :thumbsup:

·
Registered
803 Posts
Just got to thinking about this and wondered where it's at now? Anybody, besides me, still wanting to do this?

Hooty :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
With the acquisition of Polar Lights/Playing Mantis by RC2, I think the impetus to complete the Mystery Machine's tour should be kicked up a notch (BAM!). Does Tay666 still have it, or where is it now? Was it even at Wonderfest 2004? Let's get this done, guys!

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Currently with Paul Heller. I've got a few batches of photos to post and will prioritize those this week.

Now, the stupid question is, what do we do with the van when we're done? Polar Lights is essentially gone.... Lisa has pretty much moved on with her life. Is there some way we can enshrine this baby as some sort of tribute to the Polar Lights BB community?

I'm open to ideas... this should be something we decide as a group.

Steve

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
I would like to nominate you, Steve, to be the keeper and historian of this. When the MM was lost and forgotten, you stepped up to the plate and moved it forward.

Steve CultTVman Iverson said:
Currently with Paul Heller. I've got a few batches of photos to post and will prioritize those this week.

Now, the stupid question is, what do we do with the van when we're done? Polar Lights is essentially gone.... Lisa has pretty much moved on with her life. Is there some way we can enshrine this baby as some sort of tribute to the Polar Lights BB community?

I'm open to ideas... this should be something we decide as a group.

Steve

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Maybe give it 2 someone famous with connections 2 the hobby or Scooby Doo! Nothing against Steve but it would be cool 2 know I had something in my possession that is now in the house of someone famous.

Or you can all wait till I become famous and I will display it proudly! And even mention the Board.

Travis

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
We could always blow it up with firecrackers...

Just kidding! After all it, we, and this board has gone through, there has to be a better finale!

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
You could blow it up with firecrackers at Wonerfest 2005!

Hmmmm. Too bad there's no Polar Lights Museum or even a pop-culture/toy museum. Just don't give it to the Smithsonian. Bad things will happen to it.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
They'll paint grid lines and heavy weathering on it.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
I can't agree. It was *promised* to Lisa. Whether she has moved on or not, she still deserves the memento. How old does a promise have to be before it evaporates? How many of the people involved would have done it if they weren't doing it for Lisa? Kind of a sharp stick in the eye to them, redirecting it like that.

It's Lisa's. If she wants someone else to have it, let her send it to them.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
If you can reach Lisa, (I'm sure there are still members who know exactly how to reach her) I'd suggest sending it on to her. If she does not want it, I'd say Steve should have custody.

Dave

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
I agree.

Check with Lisa first. If she doesn't want it, then it should go to either Steve or Phrank.
Steve for tracking it down and bringing it to fruition.
Phrank because he seems to be the keeper of all knowledge pertaining to PL.

Maybe Steve could put up a poll somewhere and email the address to all involved to get everyone's input. (not that you don't already have enough to do Steve :D )

41 - 60 of 114 Posts