Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was able to see the Madd Propz today. I kind of like it! When I can find one on the shelf, I'll buy it and bust it open for a good look.

The one I saw today was from a flea market seller. He wanted $4.00 for it. And he wasn't too happy when I wouldn't buy it.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
D-68pontiac said:
have yet to see one around here.

None on the shelf here either. They go straight from the store to the flea market. I'll wait for one on the peg before I buy.

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
With all the people hoarding them it's no surprise you can't find one. I got one and only one at the last Kmart day and it's still the only one I have.

Funny thing is, it's the only one I really want. Other collectors have offered them to me, but I say I have one, and that's all I need.

How many do you need? :D Oh well, to each his or her own.

·
Registered
7,268 Posts
CTWLSMIKE said:
How many do you need? :D Oh well, to each his or her own.
yea... I guess if yer gonna customize them, that's fine, but it's a mystery to me sometimes y people want like 20 of sumthing?:confused: ...then u see e-bay auction where they're selling like 20 bugs!
..this one seems to me reminiscent of the Scorchin Scooter... I still hear of people grabbing them as soon as they some out and getting like as many as they can... for what? customs? I guess but how many do ya really need?
and if not for customs, then maybe for value? just did a search on e-pay for Scorchin Scooters... tons there, most with no bids.. unless it's some limited one

so,... ya got me

..as far as the Madd Proppz...got one...opened it up..and it's hangin from the ceiling...flyin high over all the other HW's far below! Wheee! (Didn't like the idea of the plane at first, but at least it has wheels! ... unlike when Mattel puts out a product called "Hot Wheels" and the thing doesn't even have wheels! [Helocopter and blimp] :mad: )

·
Registered
1 Posts
I found Madd Propz at WalMart in Massachusetts today. (Along with the Crooze Batmobile I've been waiting for.)

I bought two each at $.75.

The first thing I noticed with Madd Propz was the text on the wing that says "DO NOT STAND HERE" just like you'd see on a real single-engine plane.

Under that, in tiny tiny text that is nigh impossible to read. I thought it was greeked, fake text, made to look like real text. My first thought was "Gee, I wonder if I look closely will it say something like 'If you can read this, you are looking too close?"

Well, I did read it. The first part read "If you can read this type..." and it's very difficult to read.

So I found a magnifying glass and deciphered the rest too. The complete text is:

If you can read this type you probably have way too much free time and you
should consider getting a hobby like flying an airplane just for the heck of
it. It might start you thinking about trying other new things. Who knows you
might just be the next real flying ace.

I'm not kidding.

And as for owning more than one, I have two. I want more. I hope to dremel down the landing gear on one so the plane can fly unhindered.

Madd Propz is a NICE toy. One of my favorite Hot Wheels this year. I don't collect many, just the odd one that strikes my fancy. Like the Batmobiles, or the Gov'ner which looks like a Batmobile. I also picked up Fast Fuse too, because it looks like a cool retro-designed flying car. If only the stupid front hood scoop was gone...

And for special ones like Syd Mead's limo (I'm a huge Blade Runner fan) I bought as many as I could find on pegs.

Sean.
(New here)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts