Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its on! Macungie PA Toy Town toy show is set for Aug 3-4.
Friday and Saturday at their new outdoor location, Saturday at the indoor location as in past years.
Info at ....http://www.awkscht.com/

Hopefully the new outdoor location will bring in more vendors since its so close to the indoor location this year.
Not to mention the car show on both days has great diecast vednors also!
Hope to see you there!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
On Saturday I came back from 1 1/2 days at the Macungie Outdoor Show and I have to rate it a BIG success!
The new venue, which is actually where the outdoor show originally started way back in the day, was great. It easily had double if not triple the vendors last year and all on a nice paved/ safe area. This outdoor plus Saturday indoor toy show provided a lot of options for people.
I picked up some new stuff and a few older models to boot!
I will def be back next year! It can only get better!

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
I went on Saturday and there were several outdoor vendors at the school; indoor vendors there as well.
I have mixed feelings: while the toy show was okay, the great deals were found at the flea market on the outer perimeter of the 1:1 car show. I felt that the toy vendors at the school were a tad overpriced (maybe they thought they were selling Gold). The same diecast going for 5-6 bucks apiece at the toy show were going for 3-4 bucks at the flea market. I think I bought 2 pieces at the toy show and did all my other buying at the flea market, which had bigger selection. Also, by 1:00 the school vendors were packing up while the flea market ppl were still selling.

I will definitely go again next year, in spite.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I went on Saturday and there were several outdoor vendors at the school; indoor vendors there as well.
I have mixed feelings: while the toy show was okay, the great deals were found at the flea market on the outer perimeter of the 1:1 car show. I felt that the toy vendors at the school were a tad overpriced (maybe they thought they were selling Gold). The same diecast going for 5-6 bucks apiece at the toy show were going for 3-4 bucks at the flea market. I think I bought 2 pieces at the toy show and did all my other buying at the flea market, which had bigger selection. Also, by 1:00 the school vendors were packing up while the flea market ppl were still selling.

I will definitely go again next year, in spite.
Ricky I agree that great deals are also found at the car shows. I admit that what I bought azt the indoor sho!w were pricier cars than found outdoors.
Unfortunately people can charge whatever they want no matter how appropriate for the item....that's capitalism !

1 - 5 of 5 Posts