Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 142 Posts

·
Lookout the Mac is Back!!
8,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Good Morning,

It is not with a smile that I have to tell you that Mac's Little Cars, Inc will be closing. Sherry and I have had to make this hard decision due to many personal issues that have arisen and that have to be taken care of. I have had to make some serious decisions regarding my professional life and it has just become apparent that we have to do this. It is like losing a dear, dear friend and I am so sorry to have to tell you. We have made some great friends through MLC that we never would have really gotten to know otherwise and look forward to continuing those friendships. We have enjoyed being able to help you with your collections and for you to have the ability to get a chase car for a regular price... I really almost feel like we are throwing you to the wolves now and apologize for that.

We will keep the store open to try to liquidate some inventory, but will not be receiving any new product from now forward, unless there is something on a truck to us right now. Anyone who has reservations with us will receive a listing and total for what we have right now and we would like to get everyone squared away when we can. All future reservations are cancelled of course. We will be going to a system of packing and shipping obver weekends, but other than that until we actually close the "doors" (tentatively scheduled for April 30) things will work as usual.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for any future problems this causes with your collecting.

I will still be collecting as I have been since 1980, I will just have to chase things down again like everyone else. We will continue to sponsor the HobbyTalk boards and will try to enjoy our newfound leisure time. lol

Thank you for everything, it has really been fun serving you

Rob

ALSO, HOBBYTALK MEMBERS SHOULD SEE SOMETHING NICE ONCE THEY HAVE LOGGED IN WITH THEIR USERNAME IN THE STORE AND START LOOKING AT ITEMS. IF YOU DON'T, EMAIL ME WITH YOUR HOBBYTALK NAME AND REAL NAME AND I WILL FIX THAT

You have to login FIRST, before you start shopping, that is important!!

THANKS AGAIN

ROB

·
Premium Member
7,464 Posts
Was it me Rob, was it? I mean, first Bob and then you. Who's next? Who wants me as a customer, just to close down...lol.

Rob, I'm sorry this has to happen, but in the business world places come and go, work and family come first. It's all understood.

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
It is a sad day and I know the struggles he went through on the private side coming to this conclusion. It's a tougher hobby to be in than it was a couple years ago and I applaud the effort and time placed to make a go of it and I always will respect the integrity and concept of their business.

On a side note, the name and logo will live on as Mac's will still run the ADDWC charity portion of AutoFest and that program will continue on without a hitch. I insisted on keeping the logo alive on those castings for years to come.

On one hand we lose a valuable vendor but on the other we gain back a valuable collector friend full time. I loved having both but I can live with the other.:p

Thanks Mac's Little Cars.

Mark

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Rob,sorry to hear about this. I told my wife something was wrong with you lately wished I hadn't been right. don't know you as well as most but I liked dealing with you. good luck in the future.

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Sorry to hear that Rob. I've always had great service from you and will miss continuing that relationship. Best of luck in whatever you are going to do!

·
Atomic Punk
4,323 Posts
Sorry to hear that you are closing. I have not purchased much in the area of diecast recently but when I did and it was online, I did most of my buying through you. I loved the fact that you would go the extra mile to get something I was looking for.

Good luck in the future!

·
senile old cajun
1,276 Posts
so sorry to hear about you havin to give up yer business rob,sorry for all the guys in ill. yer gonna be competing with for cars now also lol.best of luck to you and yer lady in all that you do ttfn johnny

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
Macs_Little_Car said:
I really almost feel like we are throwing you to the wolves now and apologize for that.
Awwww, Russ has been called worse than that, I'm sure :lol: :lol: :lol: (j/k)

On a serious note, the hobby is losing another great resource as "capitalism" takes its toll, and no one likes to see anyone go through something like this. We wish you the best in the future; you satisfied a lot of customers and helped fill a lot of holes in many collections and that must be a great feeling :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Wow.
Where ever am I gonna buy the umpteen hundred holiday JL cars for stocking stuffers. :cry:

Sorry to here you're closing Rob. Mac's Little Cars is almost a household name in many a HT members homes. Wow.
:wave:

Um, so where are the custom Ferrari's? just point and I'll go get em myself.

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
Rob thanks for everything and best of luck to you with your free time. :wave: I bet you'll miss alot of things but probably not dealing with my orders shipped parcel post. :D

·
Old School Dinosaur
2,130 Posts
Man am I sorry to hear this Rob. But I understand. Thanks to you and Sherry for all the great cars you've sold me, especialy that WL Ford GT. Hope to see you at AutoFest. God Bless and take care.
Earl

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
This situation is unfortunate. Recently, my local hobby shop closed because of financial problems and now one of the best OLDs is closing. Its nice that TRU is getting some more stock in, but thats never reliable. I wonder if the hobby is going into a recession of sorts. I'm glad Rob and the gang will still be around and its cool that the MLC logo will live on in the charity program, but it still really sucks to see this happen. Best wishes to you Rob in all your endeavors!

1up

·
2011 VW NB Final Edition
2,031 Posts
Rob is (not was) one of the most honost guys in the hobby. It's great to hear that he will have more free time to spend with family and friends. We will miss his store but in the end...there still just toys. Just have to search even harder now to find JL's.

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
Sorry to hear your closing Rob, but glad to know your sticking around.

1 - 20 of 142 Posts