Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bought this can thinking it would be something like a Petty blue, but a little darker. the idea was to get it close to original Aurora medium blue, and replicate the original Tjet Mach 1 I traded away many years ago when I was young and foolish.

doesn't LOOK metallic on the sticker on the lid... BUT... this is what it looks like on the car.

because i seldom get paint to go down this well, i'm not gonna complain... just have to buy another Nu-Rora kit and find the right paint this time...

--rick

·
Tyco & Mopar Freak!
4,913 Posts
I LIKE IT!!! one of my fav color!! but thats weird i do not remember #24 have a metallic color? its says on the can #24 ??

Wes

·
Premium Member
3,558 Posts
Can't argue with success...

It's a keeper Rick. Dab the details on, get a chassis under it, and your work here is done. :hat: nd

·
Crazed Painter
7,230 Posts
So does this get a #24 on the doors now?

rick,

Hey that paint did go down nice for you. gotta love that! Love all the detail on this body.

I know Nuther Dave took a look at that and started plotting out what he would do with it. Just like the mad slot car scientist he is ahahahahahahahahaahha.

Bob...If I had lots of money I tell yah what I'd do...I'd go out and buy me a Mustang or two...zilla

·
LED Burner Outer
11,710 Posts
You can't argue with a smooooth paint job!!! I'm sure somewhere in his career Jeffy had some flake in his paint, being the Dupont boy and all..:tongue: If at first you don't succeed, try try again.. Just use a new body cause that one came out sweet!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Part Time Painter/Racer
8,702 Posts
When paint comes out that good, just leave it and get another body to paint!!! I likes that flavor myself!!! Detail it out and roll with it...RM

·
Premium Member
2,412 Posts
i bought this can thinking it would be something like a Petty blue, but a little darker. the idea was to get it close to original Aurora medium blue, and replicate the original Tjet Mach 1 I traded away many years ago when I was young and foolish.

because i seldom get paint to go down this well, i'm not gonna complain... just have to buy another Nu-Rora kit and find the right paint this time...

--rick
I just painted the same body. It also turned out to be one of my better paint jobs. The paint is Testors one coat lacquer.

·
Premium Member
2,412 Posts
ParkRNDL I love your Stang :thumbsup::thumbsup: Hope you don't think I was hi-jacking your thread.

Love your painting gizmo. Gonna have to make me one of those.

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
hey wow. i wasn't near a computer yesterday, so i couldn't get on till now... had no idea i generated all that response! thanks for all the props. i'm debating between doing a bare-bones Aurora-type detail job (mask/paint the flat black areas and hit a couple details with a silver marker) or going with MORE detail... i think i'm less likely to screw it up if i go simple. original Mach 1s in nice shape always look good without much detail paint added...

--rick

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
and that orange is SWEET. the paint gizmo is just a piece of a tongue depressor (oversized popsicle stick) with notches cut in the ends for screws, and screwed to the end of a piece of dowel. it's always laying at the edge of the layout when i'm not painting something, so it gets used a lot to hook cars that have deslotted at the other side of the table... :lol:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts