Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,510 Posts
Send him a RAOK of the item below. Poor guy probably needs more than one box. :dude:

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Early on (last fall ) I suspected that DCL was a GL "plant". I'm glad some of you guys went back and looked at his previous posts. Outright attacks on M2 and gushing praise of GL is all he ever posted except for attacks on me. I sort of disagree with him being banned; some of his recent statements have been so ridiculous that they are funny. Like the remark about the 53 Ford.

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
Early on (last fall ) I suspected that DCL was a GL "plant". I'm glad some of you guys went back and looked at his previous posts. Outright attacks on M2 and gushing praise of GL is all he ever posted except for attacks on me. I sort of disagree with him being banned; some of his recent statements have been so ridiculous that they are funny. Like the remark about the 53 Ford.
Sounds like a reverse of someone we all know?! The bashing of GL got outta hand for a while too and you know it. We all get upset when we feel ignored and loyal all at the same time. A lot of folks now have moved on to bashing JL but their situation is both sad and unique all at the same time. I guess(myself included) we all need to step back from time to time, take a deep breath and realize that each of the major brands have their own unique issues and advantages over the others. No one brand or collector is perfect.
As for the Roadrunner? Must have been an all drum brake car. I almost ended up in a similar situation with my 1:1 GTX except the lego guy was actually a Frito Lay truck! It was always exciting to attempt to slow down from 90mph only to have the brakes turn to glass at 70mph!

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
DLC69 is just your typical troll looking for attention by getting a rise out of people. If you just ignore him he would go away. The more you talk about him the more he (she?) will want to come back and push more people's buttons.

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
You mean DLC69 got kicked off all ready.Having some one like him to slap around is what makes these boards interesting and fun.Bring him back.
That's not right or healthy in my opinion.
That's like wanting to kick someone when they're down.
Plus having someone to "slap around" as you say shouldn't be what makes HT "fun and interesting", I would hope it would be just the opposite of that.
Good friends, brotherhood, good comradery, and cars should be what makes HT interesting and fun.

Wanting something negative like this to happen is far from what we should be wishing for.
Forgive, forget, and move on, and let's focus on Seans [email protected]$$ cars!

·
Banned
4,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That's not right or healthy in my opinion.
That's like wanting to kick someone when they're down.
Plus having someone to "slap around" as you say shouldn't be what makes HT "fun and interesting", I would hope it would be just the opposite of that.
Good friends, brotherhood, good comradery, and cars should be what makes HT interesting and fun.

Wanting something negative like this to happen is far from what we should be wishing for.
Forgive, forget, and move on, and let's focus on Seans [email protected]$$ cars!
Now, an INTERESTING or FUNNY troll would be worth keeping, like Pierre..hahhaha...And by the way there are PLEEENTY of people in this world who deserved to be kicked when down, then have the dogs set on them..

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
...And by the way there are PLEEENTY of people in this world who deserved to be kicked when down, then have the dogs set on them..
I guess you've proven how you feel by starting a whole special thread on a diecast board that does just that, right?

Don't take this as an attack on you, but I read something somewhere that I thought was interesting.

It said; "To feed my ego on the failure and misery of others would reveal a darkness and depravity in myself.
I know this sounds extreem but I have observed how some people are willing to put toxic energy, negativity, hostility, and rage toward other people."

"Why would I go out of my way to further flatten someone who's already clearly and obviously steamrolled, and make their life even more difficult?
It's a sign of weakness to do so, and just shows a low sense of self-esteem.
You're just tying to make yourself feel better than someone at their expense.
Some folks get a twisted pleasure out of seeing others struggle. Perhalps this alleviates their own stress and pain?"

I think Andyman had the best idea. Try to ignore posters like DLC69, why fuel their negativity?

Maybe I just have a different idea of what's fun an interesting.
I just wanna talk about cars and leave the bitching for the Barbie forum! :D

·
Registered
10,381 Posts
I guess you've proven how you feel by starting a whole special thread on a diecast board that does just that, right?

Don't take this as an attack on you, but I read something somewhere that I thought was interesting.

It said; "To feed my ego on the failure and misery of others would reveal a darkness and depravity in myself.
I know this sounds extreem but I have observed how some people are willing to put toxic energy, negativity, hostility, and rage toward other people."

"Why would I go out of my way to further flatten someone who's already clearly and obviously steamrolled, and make their life even more difficult?
It's a sign of weakness to do so, and just shows a low sense of self-esteem.
You're just tying to make yourself feel better than someone at their expense.
Some folks get a twisted pleasure out of seeing others struggle. Perhalps this alleviates their own stress and pain?"

I think Andyman had the best idea. Try to ignore posters like DLC69, why fuel their negativity?

Maybe I just have a different idea of what's fun an interesting.
I just wanna talk about cars and leave the bitching for the Barbie forum! :D
I guess you're right in that sence.....I respect that, but you have to understand DC did ask for that, and I wish he is reading yr post because it make sence dude!....Well said:thumbsup:

·
Banned
4,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
I guess you're right in that sence.....I respect that, but you have to understand DC did ask for that, and I wish he is reading yr post because it make sence dude!....Well said:thumbsup:
I just like messing with idiots, and whether you believe it or not, some people deserve this, and if i ruined his life and kicked him by putting a m2 on a mini mate, his life must have been crap anyway..but he asked for what he got, and we can easily agree to disagree, but seriously..someone comes to your house for dinner, disrespects a friend of yours, causes total chaos in your house, you going to have the same attitude of hand holding forgiveness? EDIT...i read your post thoroughly, Lummox..I have quite high self esteem, i have no need to make myself feel better thru other's misery, it's no shortcoming in myself, my father told me at a young age.."Treat an idiot like an idiot"..

1 - 20 of 34 Posts