Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at the thread on the Aero-Cars over on the 1:1 section got me thinking about this again. I'd love to see M2 do the Superbird! I've got a few different brands of Superbird in 1:64 and none stack up to what M2 could do with it. There's also the size issue, JL and RC Birds look tiny next to M2's Daytonas(and GL's Daytona for that matter). If M2 did a Superbird, it'd look right at home next to it's Daytona. There doesn't have to be Nascar versions, I'm fine with "civilian issue" Superbirds.

I know the wing cars have been done a lot, but they still seem to sell really well. No M2 Daytona seems to last very long on the shelves around here. I'd imagine Superbirds would sell well too.

And how about the Ford Aero-Cars? I may be a Mopar guy but them Talladegas and Cyclone Spoiler II's sure are cool looking too.

One more suggestion in the Aero-car vain, the '69 Charger 500. I have a couple RC Charger 500's, again they're nice but not as nice as what M2 could make.

·
Registered
520 Posts
I second the request for M2 to do the street Superbirds and '69 Charger 500! The Talledega Torinos and Mercury Cyclones would also be cool to have although color choices are more limited compared to the Mopar aero cars.

·
Registered
520 Posts
I would also like to see them do '71/'72 Road Runner/Satellites as well. :thumbsup:
Oh yeah - I actually want the '71-72 more than the Superbird if there's a choice!

I would love to see them, too, but I think Warner Bros. wants two arms and a leg for the licensing. And I wouldn't want one if it wasn't done right :)
Good point - M2's '69 RR lacks the birds but the lack of birds on the more flamboyant Superbird would definitively be noticeable. '71-72 RR would not be as much of an issue to have omitted birds but would prefer to see 'em if possible.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Superbird vs Daytona: I sold Chryslers and Plymouths back in the day. We never got a Super Bird for inventory but there were plenty available if a customer wanted one. A nearby dealer had a yellow car with black top for two years and couldn't sell it. We had a performance clinic at our dealership and he loaded it to us. He eventually sold it (at a loss) to a customer who saw it at our clinic. I'd buy one M2 Super Bird but I don't think I'd get everyone made like I did with the Auto-Thenics.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I like the Daytona Charger juuuuuuuuuuust a little bit better, but that comes from a serious Charger addiction..
I'd pick the Daytona between the two as well as I also have a serious Charger addiction but I also have a major Mopar addiction in general so I can't help but love both Winged Warriors. Both are always welcome in my collection lol.

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
That's actually pretty funny in a sense as some consider GL to be a marketing company which implies more licensing savvy than a regular diecast manufacturer has. :rolleyes:
Yes, but savvy only goes so far with pricing a Warner Bros. cartoon. Apparently use of the "bird" is very expensive, and my understanding is that the Mattel liscensing somehow gets in the way of other companies, just like why no other diecast maker makes a '67 Camaro but there are PLENTY of 69s around from virtually everyone.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Yes, but savvy only goes so far with pricing a Warner Bros. cartoon. Apparently use of the "bird" is very expensive, and my understanding is that the Mattel liscensing somehow gets in the way of other companies, just like why no other diecast maker makes a '67 Camaro but there are PLENTY of 69s around from virtually everyone.
I know when GMP (now Acme) was producing their 1:18 1970 Road Runner / GTX the Road Runner was about $10 more than the GTX to cover the Warner Brothers licensing costs on the RR.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts