Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellas, I took a whole week off from ALL the message boards. After a while the opinions and talk get to you. I need to stay true to my own car ideals and convictions.

The recent thread, Target M2 Drivers chase, was closed. For some reason the talk got heated over a $3 car and the production number for said car. Do I know the exact numbers, NO. I am not M2 Machines, I am just part of the team. Do I know all that goes on here at M2 Machines, again NO. There is just way to much involved for one person to know and work in every aspect of the company. I tell people all the time, I work on the fun stuff here.

I hope we can avoid this situation in the future. If you have any questions or concerns, please, please send us a email at; [email protected]. This email address is found on our web site in the contact us section.

Sincerely,
Sean Taylor

P.S. Can we please go back to having fun? They are toy cars after all. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Wow, I just got done with reading the Drivers Chase Topic and boy was there some heated moments in there. It's a shame that some collectors can't get along with others in this fun hobby. The way I see it is, if I find a Chase piece cool and if not then that's cool too.

Thanks Sean for posting and helping out in that dilimma. Hopefully the people will calm down now.

Liv N Low

·
Banned
46 Posts
M2,

Some of us like to document the "location aquired","price paid" "date received/purchased/scored" & "how many produced".
IHMO, it leaves a Scooby.

It is "very" petty. But it's still fun.

Kind regards,
Jam

·
Banned
46 Posts
Honestly, you're in the business for fun?

Hey fellas, I took a whole week off from ALL the message boards. After a while the opinions and talk get to you. I need to stay true to my own car ideals and convictions.

The recent thread, Target M2 Drivers chase, was closed. For some reason the talk got heated over a $3 car and the production number for said car. Do I know the exact numbers, NO. I am not M2 Machines, I am just part of the team. Do I know all that goes on here at M2 Machines, again NO. There is just way to much involved for one person to know and work in every aspect of the company. I tell people all the time, I work on the fun stuff here.

I hope we can avoid this situation in the future. If you have any questions or concerns, please, please send us a email at; [email protected]. This email address is found on our web site in the contact us section.

Sincerely,
Sean Taylor

P.S. Can we please go back to having fun? They are toy cars after all. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Sean - don't let the negativity get to you. M2 has put out some very cool and innovative products, and not everything has been a homerun, you are a very imporatant part of the hobby. Keep it up :thumbsup:

·
Banned
46 Posts
Sean - don't let the negativity get to you. M2 has put out some very cool and innovative products, and not everything has been a homerun, you are a very imporatant part of the hobby. Keep it up :thumbsup:
Damage control gentlemen,

As you well know, M2 is what? Yes, a business,for what? Yes, profit.
And, y'all proved, again. Sean is the face of M2.
Was I unreasonable in requesting facts on numbers? No.
Just be honest!

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Damage control gentlemen,

As you well know, M2 is what? Yes, a business,for what? Yes, profit.
And, y'all proved, again. Sean is the face of M2.
Was I unreasonable in requesting facts on numbers? No.
Just be honest!
Why do you think this has anything with you and your "chase numbers issue"? In my view, your beef is one of the smallest issues being thrown at Sean - Mustang scale issues, casting selection, repaints, QC, etc. are all other complaints that Sean has been dealing with on this, and other boards, over the past year.

And, just being honest, your thread on "numbers " very quickly degenerated into kindergarden namecalling between two board members, which had nothing to do with M2.

So, my advice - let it go. It's not always about you.

Sean - keep on doing what you do, man!

·
Banned
46 Posts
Why do you think this has anything with you and your "chase numbers issue"? In my view, your beef is one of the smallest issues being thrown at Sean - Mustang scale issues, casting selection, repaints, QC, etc. are all other complaints that Sean has been dealing with on this, and other boards, over the past year.

And, just being honest, your thread on "numbers " very quickly degenerated into kindergarden namecalling between two board members, which had nothing to do with M2.

So, my advice - let it go. It's not always about you.

Sean - keep on doing what you do, man!
Thanks, you proved my point.

Kind regard, gentlemen.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Thanks, you proved my point.

Kind regard, gentlemen.
Not sure what your point is, but I do not see Sean as face of M2. Rather, I see him as a dedicated employee who chooses to spend time on the boards interacting with the customers.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Dang...you know this seems to happen way too often on these chat forums. Believe me...I've seen it happen to almost 'every' spokesperson who takes time out of his schedule to share his insight of the hobby with the collectors. First all the collectors welcome the 'insider' with open arms...then a few start the ball rolling with their non-productive petty issues. Perhaps the toy chat board is the wrong forum for some these troubled individules and they should try some self-help or some learn-some-manners chat room. After a while of being abused...the spokesperson realizes that it's a no win situation and moves on. Who loses because there are a few immature toy geeks out there? Well...for one its the majority of collectors here that enjoy the input and passion that these insiders share with us. The sandbox is plenty big for all of us and everyone can spot the bullies. Come on brothers...peace. Sean...thanks again for being here!

·
Banned
46 Posts
You need to calm down, jam5691. I'm not sure what you're problem is, exactly, but back off or either Gerald, Hank or myself will make you back off for a few days.
After this recalcitrant/childish remark, Griffy, don't just band my account, delete it. I won't be back.

Kind regards, and goodnight to all, Jam.
:(

1 - 20 of 34 Posts