Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
896 Posts
The Acadian was a Canadian brand sold in Canadian Pontiac dealers. Based on the Nova. Acadian Canso was the equivalent of the Chevy Nova. Similarly, a Beaumont was the equivalent of the Chevelle. The way I understand it, Acadians and Beaumonts were not Pontiacs but separate brands sold at Canadian Pontiac dealers in the '60s.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Those Acadians are a MUST HAVE!!! FinallY! we are getting something nobody else has done! Canadian cars! The Chrysler 300 is nice but the color choice is not one that really seems to fit the car. Just my opinion... Is it me or does that 58 Impala look like it is melting at the ends???

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,829 Posts
I like the obscure stripings on the Mustangs. It is little things like this that I would like to see more of. Stuff like this is more likely to get me to buy repeats of castings than just simple color changes. Kudos M2.

·
Premium Member
13,377 Posts
I see several that I want.

Thanks for posting the pics.

·
Registered
972 Posts
I love the fact that finally someone is bringing out some Canadian variants. Here is a really obscure one that I'd like to see M2 do: A 70 Meteor Moncalm S33. Honestly, until I saw this on the Old Car Manual Project website, I did not even know this car existed.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
I love the fact that finally someone is bringing out some Canadian variants. Here is a really obscure one that I'd like to see M2 do: A 70 Meteor Moncalm S33. Honestly, until I saw this on the Old Car Manual Project website, I did not even know this car existed.
First we need the basic casting, probably a 70 US Merc. However, I believe some other existing castings might have conversion possibilities.

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
Mercury as you probably know used the S33 tag in the early sixties,
but I too have never heard of the Canadian Montcalm - what a strange name!!!

·
Registered
972 Posts
Mercury as you probably know used the S33 tag in the early sixties,
but I too have never heard of the Canadian Montcalm - what a strange name!!!
I knew of the American S33, a guy in high school actually had a very nice red 66 with a black vinyl roof. This would have been around my senior year so, that would be 1977. It is, in fact, the only one I have ever seen. I did not know the name continued on in Canada. I had known of the Montcalm and Rideau 500 series as I managed to get a 73 Meteor brochure when they were new by writing to Ford of Canada. I just love the unusual variants of more common cars. One I have seen pictures of but never actually seen a 1:1 car is a Chevelle 300 convertible. I believe in Canada, they were made in 65-66 or 67? I used to own a 68 Chevelle 300 post coupe from 1979-1993. It too, was a bit of an oddity, having factory air, V8 and dual exhaust. Unfortunately, all those years of driving in Long Island winters, then moving to Ohio caused it to get some serious rust issues. I sold it reluctantly back in the 90's but never saw it since.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I knew of the American S33, a guy in high school actually had a very nice red 66 with a black vinyl roof. This would have been around my senior year so, that would be 1977. It is, in fact, the only one I have ever seen. I did not know the name continued on in Canada. I had known of the Montcalm and Rideau 500 series as I managed to get a 73 Meteor brochure when they were new by writing to Ford of Canada. I just love the unusual variants of more common cars. One I have seen pictures of but never actually seen a 1:1 car is a Chevelle 300 convertible. I believe in Canada, they were made in 65-66 or 67? I used to own a 68 Chevelle 300 post coupe from 1979-1993. It too, was a bit of an oddity, having factory air, V8 and dual exhaust. Unfortunately, all those years of driving in Long Island winters, then moving to Ohio caused it to get some serious rust issues. I sold it reluctantly back in the 90's but never saw it since.
I love that gold S33 hard top with that black stripe. Very cool looking!

I love Chevelles, what color was the '68? Did it has a 327?

Back in the early '90's my Dad picked up a '69 Chevelle 2 door hardtop parts car from a local body shop for $200 just for the optional wood steering wheel. A guy crashed his '69 and picked this "parts" car up for the front end, engine and trans. My Dad just wanted the steering wheel for his '64 El Camino. So we get it to his shop to part it out and the sucker was loaded with options. It had factory tach and guages dash, rear window defroster, front disc brakes, wood steering wheel and a 12 bolt posi w/2:73 gears. My Dad made a lot of money parting that car out. Before you ask, we didn't have the paper work and at the time you could still buy decent running Chevelles for not too much.

Sean

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Full-size U.S. Mercs used the S-55 name in 1962. At that time, the mid-size Meteor used the S-33 and I believe Comet sport models were "S-22". Canadian variations are always interesting. Any more planned???

·
Registered
972 Posts
I love that gold S33 hard top with that black stripe. Very cool looking!

I love Chevelles, what color was the '68? Did it has a 327?

Back in the early '90's my Dad picked up a '69 Chevelle 2 door hardtop parts car from a local body shop for $200 just for the optional wood steering wheel. A guy crashed his '69 and picked this "parts" car up for the front end, engine and trans. My Dad just wanted the steering wheel for his '64 El Camino. So we get it to his shop to part it out and the sucker was loaded with options. It had factory tach and guages dash, rear window defroster, front disc brakes, wood steering wheel and a 12 bolt posi w/2:73 gears. My Dad made a lot of money parting that car out. Before you ask, we didn't have the paper work and at the time you could still buy decent running Chevelles for not too much.

Sean
It was Ash Gold with the matching greenish/gold interior. It was originally a 327 but was bruning oil badly when I bought it for...are you ready for this? $25.00. The original owners were going to junk it and it was way too nice for that. It needed an engine so we had a 65 Impala that had a good 283 but had been totalled so we put that engine in the Chevelle. I actually gave the car to my sister for a while when she got her driver's license, but then she bought a fairly new Monte Carlo and I ended up with the Chevelle as my daily driver.

·
Registered
972 Posts
It was Ash Gold with the matching greenish/gold interior. It was originally a 327 but was bruning oil badly when I bought it for...are you ready for this? $25.00. The original owners were going to junk it and it was way too nice for that. It needed an engine so we had a 65 Impala that had a good 283 but had been totalled so we put that engine in the Chevelle. I actually gave the car to my sister for a while when she got her driver's license, but then she bought a fairly new Monte Carlo and I ended up with the Chevelle as my daily driver.
I found a pic of that old Chevelle 300 of mine. I had 65 Impala SS wheel covers on it for a long time, then switched to Rally Wheels. This is one I should never have sold. Anyone know what kind of car it is passing by in the photo? You certainly did not see many of them new and never see them around now.....

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
Ah, those were the days. You could buy a perfectly "good" running car for $100 or less!!
Way cool car, Jim. I love that not only is it not an SS, it's not even a Malibu! And a 2dr makes it cooler still.
Judging by the GP in the background, I'd say the pic is about 1986???

The pic is a little grainy, but is the car in question a Fiat Srata???
I can't see if it has those weird round-y door handles or not.
Thanks for the contest, what'd I win? :)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts