Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
981 Posts
Guys ,

Check out the other recent threads on this forum ..
You can see the new-box explaination in Sean's thread " Happy New Year & a New Blog"

Steve

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Guys ,

Check out the other recent threads on this forum ..
You can see the new-box explaination in Sean's thread " Happy New Year & a New Blog"

Steve
Right, My WalMart has now made a shelf for M2s and eliminated the pegs. No new stock tho, just some old 1st rel Auto thentics and custom Crestliners and 54 Chevs (Gold). The posted price is now $5.00 even.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Right, My WalMart has now made a shelf for M2s and eliminated the pegs. No new stock tho, just some old 1st rel Auto thentics and custom Crestliners and 54 Chevs (Gold). The posted price is now $5.00 even.
You saw release 1 Autothentics? Does this mean Castline is re-releasing all of the cars again in boxes?

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Ground Pounders Price

This is odd.
I guess I pulled a good one on wallyworld today.
You see, I found a drivers series '71 Charger R/T in a box, and
it looks completely different than any of the other cars that were
in the boxes of 'drivers' cars.
it is red & white, with a white spoiler, white interior, white hood,
and bright red tires. I grabbed it,
and three ground pounders that I liked,
The '71 'cuda, the '69 Charger Daytona & The Boss 429 Mustang,
and proceeded up to the checkout.
When the cars rang up, I called shennanigans,
because the Red & White '71 Charger rang up $2.97,
and the ground pounders rang up $5.00.
The poor little lady behind the cash register looked pretty scared,
and changed the prices of the ground pounders to $2.97 as well.
so I got all four cars in their little boxes for under $12.00.
Guess it pays to call shennanigans on the clerk at walmart, Eh?

·
Registered
134 Posts
This is odd.
I guess I pulled a good one on wallyworld today.
Guess it pays to call shennanigans on the clerk at walmart, Eh?
Walmart's "Scan Guarantee Policy" states that if an item "rings up" for more than the price on the shelf sticker and you mention it to the cashier at that time, then you get it for the correct (shelf sticker) price less an add'l $3.00, and that if an item's shelf sticker price is $3.00 or less you get the item for free. I believe it's for the first item. This info is in the training manual at each register. So in this case, where (you claimed) the item was "ringing up" wrong, you should have gotten at least one of the Ground Pounders for free, and the others for the "correct" price... So there...

But the price for the Ground Pounders ACTUALLY IS $5.00, and it was wrong for you to double-talk the cashier into changing the price.

Not cool.

Just sayin'...

·
Premium Member
4,663 Posts
Great 1st post

Walmart's "Scan Guarantee Policy" states that if an item "rings up" for more than the price on the shelf sticker and you mention it to the cashier at that time, then you get it for the correct (shelf sticker) price less an add'l $3.00, and that if an item's shelf sticker price is $3.00 or less you get the item for free. I believe it's for the first item. This info is in the training manual at each register. So in this case, where (you claimed) the item was "ringing up" wrong, you should have gotten at least one of the Ground Pounders for free, and the others for the "correct" price... So there...

But the price for the Ground Pounders ACTUALLY IS $5.00, and it was wrong for you to double-talk the cashier into changing the price.

Not cool.

Just sayin'...
Welcome to hobbytalk!

·
Registered
4,781 Posts

Not cool.

Just sayin'...
Well, For your information,these were the very FIRST M2 cars I have ever bought. And the cars on the shelf had no prices, typical walmart.
when the first car rang up $2.97, and the other three at $5.00 each,
my first thought after PAYING CASH for all four cars was this is a mistake, How could one car in a similar box be $2.97, and the rest be $5.00?
Thats why I called the cashier on the price, and SHE corrected it, not me.
And refunded the difference.
The Very First I knew about these Ground Pounders being $5.00 retail price was on this thread, which is why I posted in the first place.
I didnt "double talk" the cashier into changing the price,
in fact, the cashier was a trainee and the manager was standing RIGHT there helping her correct the price.
in my original post, I didnt include that fact because I didnt think it mattered,
but apparently a person must include every detail of a purchase for you, in order for you to determine the facts. My fault there.
But for you to insinuate that I bullied that clerk into changing the price is incorrect.
of course, If the situation came up again, I wouldnt pay five bucks each for the cars anyway, And I would have declined to purchase them.

Just Sayin'...

·
Registered
134 Posts
OK, I see

What you say makes sense, I'm sorry to have unfairly implied that you tried to fool the cashier. It just seemed that way from how you wrote your post, but now I can picture what happened. I suppose that if we had had this conversation in person we would have said the same things in a different way, and would have been friendly, casual, and we would have chuckled about it in a minute.

Great that you found the Charger Chase Car. The 3 closest Walmarts here won't carry the M2s, the stores are too small. The 4th Walmart closed a year ago. The Target store is closing the end of this month, so nothing new there. I spent a day and went to 2 larger WM stores and of course there was only 11 cars left in each display, but I got the yellow Nova. The Nova is the ony other one I'm buying and I'm trying to get all the variations, Detroit Muscle and Drivers and such. I have the chrome one. The red Nova with the white wheels and red tires is gonna' be a problem tho'...

:wave:

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Attention Sean

Attention Sean.:.:.:.:.:.:.

Is Castline now putting all the Series Cars in Boxes or is this just for Walmart ?????

·
Registered
436 Posts
Attention Sean.:.:.:.:.:.:.

Is Castline now putting all the Series Cars in Boxes or is this just for Walmart ?????
Come in Liv N Low.:.:.:.:.: Do you copy?.:.:.:.:.Yes, all of our 2010 1/64 product that goes to Walmart will be in boxes. We will also contiune the traditional clam shell packaging for other stores. .:.:.:.:.Over.:.:.:. :)

Thanks,
Sean

·
Registered
739 Posts
Found the " Chase " '71 Charger R/T in the new box today @ Wally World. The display case in which I got it said 2.97 on the front. Ground pounder case said 4.97 on the front of the case. Not sure why the price difference unless there is more metal involved. I do like the new boxes though. Easier to stack and stow!

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
MY WM finally put the new stock out. Drivers and GP's in boxes. About a third of the Drivers are gone but I noticed only one empty space in the GP box. And they still have the old custom 54 Chevy and Crestliners in blister packs. I seldom buy there anyway, usually buy sets online from Hobbytalk sponsors.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts