Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since were on the subject lately...

The lime green Simplex is my first Yesteryear and is from 1969.
All the other boxed ones are mine from the Land of Little Lummoxs, when I was 10 to 13 yrs old.

The gold Cadillac, white Benz, Model T, and the Bugatti are flea market finds.

My first M O' YY !

Broken, but cool as heck!

·
Registered
5,308 Posts
Oh man! Cool as hell, Lummox. Those are prime pieces! I can't believe the boxes are that old. They look like something I would see on the shelves today. You really did take good care of your collection. I really love the Royal Air Force ambulance. Thanks for showing.

·
Registered
14,683 Posts
Those are fantastic, Lummox. I didn't realize until reading thru the threads this morning that you are the prime mover behind the MoY interest, so I will thank you in addition to dh and xdd for grabbing my interest as well...

:wave:

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Those are fantastic, Lummox. I didn't realize until reading thru the threads this morning that you are the prime mover behind the MoY interest, so I will thank you in addition to dh and xdd for grabbing my interest as well...

:wave:
Just show us when you find sumpin! :wave:

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow what an awesome collection. I have a new purpose in life, find one of those blue Bugattis!
Thanks ! And that Bug came in a sexy deep red too.
The blue is a more authentic Bugatti color, but the red is yummier with those goldi-sh plated rims!

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh man! Cool as hell, Lummox. Those are prime pieces! I can't believe the boxes are that old. They look like something I would see on the shelves today. You really did take good care of your collection. I really love the Royal Air Force ambulance. Thanks for showing.
Thanks Dragon! It comes from being absolutely obsessed with cars as a little kid. (I should see somebody!)
That Crossley ambulance was a favorite, what am I saying they are ALL my favorites! I think even as a kid I apreciated all different types of cars and saw the beauty in the different types.

I started getting more of these Models O' Yesteryears around '72 0r '73 'cause that's when 1-75 Series MBs' started getting way less realistic.

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Juss addin' some mo pix

For Dragonhead, the Crossley RAF truck, Y-13

For xddorox, the little French 1926 Bugatti Type 35
This is a fairly early YY from the early-mid '60s.

MB had earlier versions of most of these below is much prettier colors - more subdude and authentic colors, and different wheels and tires in '72 or '73.

Y-16 1928 Benz SS "Coupe" (???)

Y-17 1938 Hispano~Suiza. Love the late '20s and 1930s ones the best!

Y-11 1938 Lagonda Drophead Coupe

Y-9 1934 Riley MPH

Y-4 1909 Opel Doctors Coupe

1 - 9 of 9 Posts