Hobbyist Forums banner

1541 - 1558 of 1558 Posts

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
look into a Team C short couse. super nice comes with all the goodies and big bore shocks! handle very well

Hi all:

I'm just now doing research on which vehicle I should buy for my return to RC. Since this is my closest track, I figure it'll end up being my "home", at least when it's not snowing. That having been said, if I pick up a 2wd Short Course truck (leaning SC10 or XXX-SCT), will I usually be able to find a class to race in at M-40? If not, what else should I be looking at?

Thanks
Matt

·
Banned
2,137 Posts
matt go to your local hobby shop and what ever they have the most parts for thats the one to buy everybody like there brand so they will push the ones they drive i love my kyosho sc that dosen't mean alot i liked my slash

·
Registered
56 Posts
As of Saturday, I'm the proud owner of a XXX-SCT. Plenty of parts around, and nobody had anything really bad to say about it. I'll spend the winter practicing up in GR, and hopefully be ready to go come spring.

Thanks all
Matt

·
Registered
397 Posts
can anyone help him out?

Dear Sir,

Gd day.

We would like to introduce ourselves as owners and track managers of RCHobbyarena.com, in Athens, Greece. We have been in the RC market as both rc hobby shop and track owners for more than 25 years. RCHobbyArena accommodates three tracks, one on-road (all scales) and two off-road (one 1/10 scale and one 1/8).

Following the end of this season, we are in the process of re-building both off-road tracks and we were wondering if you could give us some construction tips and advice.

The layout and the position of the jumps has been pretty much decided but we are relatively inexperienced in building jumps that last, with the correct angles and treatment. We have tried several methods during the last years, but the main problem is the warm temperatures and the lack of humidity to hold the jumps without breaking up. We have seen photos of your track and it seems that you manage to construct jumps with steep angles that hold relatively easily. So:

- What’s the best way to build a jump?

-What type of roller are you using / recommend?

-How do you treat the dirt before forming it?

-Is there a way to keep the moisture in the dirt apart from watering it? Maybe mix it with something? Using water is not very useful as it evaporates very quickly.

Any help/tips would be very much appreciated.

Best Regards,

Stam

+306944596599

RCHobbyAthens.com

RCHobbyArena.com

·
Registered
347 Posts
2012 season

Anybody have a schedule for this year? Planning my racing for the summer and would love to do a few there.

Thx, Misdelivered Racing (MDR)

1541 - 1558 of 1558 Posts