Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Luke is finally finished!

www.zizolfo.com/luke.html

William Babbington (WBNemo1) turned the saber blade on a lathe for me, and I used a special paint technique on it. Can you figure it out?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Nice Ziz. Far cry from what I saw at WF, that's fer sure! Good job dude!

Ya gotta tell me how ya painted that sabre...

Erin
<*>

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
Meesa thinks its cool!

Very good work Ziz! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Oh the humanity! The surgery description got too gruesome for me; I had to stop and look away… but I’m glad I looked back and saw the finished model. Beautiful job! Did you use some of that glow-in-the-dark paint from one of the Monogram Universal models? :D

Lonnie

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nope, no glow paint.

Go back and read my first post. I chose my words very carefully.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Wow you did fantastic job. I think the most difficult thing in modeling is to paint face and make it realistic. You sure passed the test, I lift my hat to you. Great work.

·
Curmudgeon
6,594 Posts
Hey Ziz, I just won one of these Screamin' Luke Skywalker kits on Evilbay, and I was wondering if you'd be willing to share the technique you used to paint the lightsaber blade? :confused:

P.S. If you don't want everybody to know how you did it, PM me. Your secret will be safe with me; I know how to keep my mouth shut. ;)

P.P.S. If you don't even want me to know, I'll understand. :(

P.P.P.S. Either way, I'm gonna steal your idea for the corrective head surgery. :p

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The blade paint is a lot simpler than you think.

Gloss white base coat. Stipple clear metallic green gloss so the white peeks through.

That's it.

·
Curmudgeon
6,594 Posts
Oh, well, that's just too easy. :p I was gonna basecoat mine with white, as you did, then do a light overspray with a lime green or neon green, but I think you achieved better results with your method than I would have with mine. Thanks for the tip!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts