Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While driving in to work in a nice wintery rain/snow mix, my windshield wipers decided to stop working. Always a fun time. Managed to get to the office, call the dealer, and get the car in. And had to hear about it from the boss, even though the dealer is less that 5 minutes away. Of course, it wasn't just a fuse, but the wiper motor itself that was shot. $320 later, they actually work.

Anyway, while I was stuck in my office at lunch time, I posted on the swap & sell that I wanted a Poker series Willys pickup. I figured someone would have picked them up from the various clearance sales going on.

After I picked up my car, I drove across the street to a KB's that looks to be going out of business. Low and behold, for the first time since the weekend of Thanksgiving, they had new cars on the pegs. Poker series! I picked up three that didn't look to Chia-esque (thanks to Wyatt for the pictures):

They were priced at $.99, but rang up as .79 each. Scored one of the last two Willys I needed, got a black on black car for the collection, and a pretty cool Ford delivery for under $3! Maybe my luck will start to change!

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
70XR7 said:
...Of course, it wasn't just a fuse, but the wiper motor itself that was shot. $320 later, they actually work...
That seems to be my luck when that type of thing happens. I'm glad that your luck started to turn around afterwards with your finds! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
...those are some great finds 70XR7 ....!!!....had been looking for the same yellow Willys in the Poker R2 as well.....a friend surprised me with finding one for me.....
.....as I was looking at some of the $1. cars recently sold at Walmart I found the very same Lincoln Premier and bought it...don't usually buy this type of car, but it stands out in flat black with the black wheels..also was able to get the Merc and the Mustang.... :thumbsup: Sorry to hear about that expensive windshield wiper motor..!

...pics thanks to JLCollector :thumbsup:

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
Congrats on your scores, Mike. :thumbsup:
I popped the fuzzy green cover off the back of mine and detampoed all of the 'poker' tampos leaving only the red flames - it's a nice looking truck!

wannafbody, I agree. The Mach 1 is the nicest of the bunch!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts