Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if you look on the rc10 site it has the new esc listed...looks like they may have it for the birds.

http://aedownloads.com/press/in_1230...Stock-Spec.pdf

New Product. For Immediate Release: December 31, 2009
LRP SXX Stock-Spec Brushless Speed Control
SXX Technology plus Boost for Stock Racing
Attention, stock racers! Now you too can use the World Championship technology of the LRP SXX
competition speed control series.
LRP has combined the revolutionary technology of the 2008-2009 IFMAR World Championship SXX TC
Spec with new developments in stock-spec speed control technology to bring you the SXX Stock-Spec
Brushless Speed Control.
The SXX Stock-Spec Brushless Speed Control Features:
• Dual ADPC Max Software. Independent adjustment of “Feel” and “Boost” for maximum flexibility and
high power.
• Twin BEC. Constant 6V/3A output with 3.0V to
7.4V batteries. No need for receiver battery for
1S LiPo or 4-cell NiMH Batteries.
• Revolutionary Internal Temp Check System
3. Allows you to read the maximum internal
temperature for both the speed control
and motor.
• AutoCell System 2 (3.0V to 7.4V input
voltage). Fully adjustable cut-off system for
all types of cells.
• Extra Small Size. 30 x 34 x 21mm for easy
installation in most vehicles.
• C3 Technology. Revolutionary Copper Core
Cooling technology for lowest-running temperature.
UPC: 84695 99391 LRP80910 SXX Stock-Spec Speed Control MSRP $399.99 Available: Jan 2010

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i'm thinking like with the past lrp esc's it will fly like the wind...when sean was down here in florida thanksgiving weekend he seemed to think it will be a very good 1 cell esc. i think this will not be the last esc from lrp this year though.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Finally had a chance to install the spx in my pro4 this evening. I am having trouble with the programming. I have heard to run it in Mode 7. Looking at the instructions, there is only 4 modes. I am assuming that they meant mode 2 Value 7. The strange thing is that I can't get it to Value 7. Here is what happens: I get it into programming mode, then into mode 2 (solid red light) I then press the set button to increase the value by 1 but it will only flash 6 times, if I press it again it goes back to 1 flash???? I am running a Hyperdrive Pro 4 Oval car with a Epic Duo 2 13.5 brushless in a COT class. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much.

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Finally had a chance to install the spx in my pro4 this evening. I am having trouble with the programming. I have heard to run it in Mode 7. Looking at the instructions, there is only 4 modes. I am assuming that they meant mode 2 Value 7. The strange thing is that I can't get it to Value 7. Here is what happens: I get it into programming mode, then into mode 2 (solid red light) I then press the set button to increase the value by 1 but it will only flash 6 times, if I press it again it goes back to 1 flash???? I am running a Hyperdrive Pro 4 Oval car with a Epic Duo 2 13.5 brushless in a COT class. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much.
I just checked mine and it sounds like you are doing it rite.Run the car on 6 and make sure its working ok un hook the main batt and just use the rx pack to set it up makes sure the on and off switch to the esc is off and only the rx pack is on.

Jake

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I am currently trying to set it up with only the receiver pack. I do have the motor soldered to the esc but there is no pinion on it nor do I have my main pack plugged in. I made sure the esc on/off switch is turned off. The only switch I am using is on the SMC receiver pack. Everything is brand new. Thanks.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Try programming the ESC to the radio first with the main battery hooked up as well before changing the modes. I had one act like that with the motor unsoldered, but when I soldered it up it programmed fine.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts

You have to have the motor hooked up to the speed control get setting 7 and 8.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Is the ESC your using definitely a Stock Spec? That is the only one that goes to 7 & 8.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Is the ESC your using definitely a Stock Spec? That is the only one that goes to 7 & 8.
Yes, I do have the stock spec version.

Do you have the sencor wire pluged in?
No I did not have the sensor wire plugged in

You have to have the motor hooked up to the speed control get setting 7 and 8.
I have the motor soldered to the esc but I was only running the receiver pack for initial set-up

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
If you dont have a brushless motor pluged into it, it defaults to the brushed profiles.......which is why your only getting "6" profiles. Hook up the Brushless motor and sensor wire and you will be able to choose up to 8 profiles........:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Great! Thank you very much. I have not tried it yet but will do it tomorrow. Do you recommend plugging in the main back as well or can I still do it just off the receiver pack?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts