Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need a little info. I have heard about running in #6 setting. I'm running a Novak Ballistic 13.5 with the SPX. I've been using it in mode 7 with the timing on the motor set in the middle. Motor comes off the track around 128 degrees or lower. Can I bump the timing up on the motor or should I go to mode 6 and crank the timing on the motor?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
I normally run it at 6 with the timing on the motor cranked, but I'm running the SS motors. I'm not too hot on the ballistic motors yet.

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well last weekend I ran the BRL race at Cinci. I started practice in mode 7 with the motor timing in the middle. I switched to mode 6 and bumped the motor up to 5 degrees and went faster. Next practice round I bumped the timing on the motor up to 15 and went down in rollout and the car went faster up front and didn't fall off as bad. I wanted to go back to mode 7 with the motor timing at 15 but didn't.

At that race I heard guys running LRPs that were in mode 2 and guys in mode 8 with .60 more rollout than me. They were faster than me, but it was probably setup. We were only separated by 3 seconds.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts