Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have or had a LRP Sphere Comp esc(2 race old). I shipped it back 8-9 weeks ago & have had multiple conversations with employees of LRP. (1) We have no esc's in stock to replace yours. (2) We have had a trade show in Germany & will have them next week.(3)We still have no stock but will send you a original sphere.(4) we shipped your Sphere-comp replacement 03-09-06 (5) We have shipped your Sphere comp replacement 03/09/06.(6) sorry I left out were moving & have them all packed up! Well it's now the 16th & I still have no ESC! If you have had the same poor customer support from LRP keep it in mind when you are looking to make another purchase. Tim Jeffers

·
Go Fast, Turn Left
4,799 Posts
My LRP COMP lasted about 5 or 6 months before it burned up. I'm waiting on a replacement too. I sent mine back about 5 weeks ago.
I'm all Novak now.

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
were they LRP'07's ?, and what motor were you using? Do you all check your temps coming off the track? these would be good things to know, thanks :drunk: ed

·
Go Fast, Turn Left
4,799 Posts
I don't know for sure, but I think they may have worked out the bugs with the '07.

Good Luck. Keep us posted. I am not confident with the LRP's.

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
13.5 all the way to 180 deg (motor temp)original LRP Sphere NO problems over a year old.

4300 all the way to 175 deg (motor temp)original LRP Sphere NO problems 6 months old.

Set on the modified setting hole shots very nice.

Must be something in the comp.

I have a GTB 6 months old looks and works like new havent used in two months I would trade for a 07 Sphere in perferct shape even has the bigboytoys machined alum top on it and a extra new on and off switch.

Jake

·
Go Fast, Turn Left
4,799 Posts
JDW said:
13.5 all the way to 180 deg (motor temp)original LRP Sphere NO problems over a year old.

4300 all the way to 175 deg (motor temp)original LRP Sphere NO problems 6 months old.

Set on the modified setting hole shots very nice.

Must be something in the comp.

I have a GTB 6 months old looks and works like new havent used in two months I would trade for a 07 Sphere in perferct shape even has the bigboytoys machined alum top on it and a extra new on and off switch.

Jake

Jake,
Depending on when/what/if I get something back from LRP, maybe we can work something out. No clue on when my LRP will be back though.

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Inside flat carpet.Runline is 135 to 140. Rollout in the 2.70s.Record so far is 82 5.01.And I think I have the fast lap at 3.577.

Jake

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
These numbers are with the stock rotor we try to stick with the BRL rules since some of the guys run in the BRL.So the temp would probely be in the 130s deg with a sintered rotor.

Jake

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i received my sphere comp today & it was shipped on the 14th...just as I assumed they lied once again!

·
Go Fast, Turn Left
4,799 Posts
bolognarc said:
i received my sphere comp today & it was shipped on the 14th...just as I assumed they lied once again!

Did they ship you a new '07 COMP?

I'm curious what I may get out of them. When my COMP went south it was rather uneventful so I thought they may fix it or something.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi Guys,

I jusy bought a sphere comp 07 and wired up my 10.5 motor. Everything set up fine but when I tested it out in the street it would shut down after 3 seconds at full throttle. I tried re-soldering the motor, resetting the speedo, checking the connection of the sensor wire, and even gearing down a few teeth and installing the heat sink. It happens so fast the motor doesn't even get a chance to get hot.

Anyone have any other suggestions for me? Thanks.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts