Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have or had a LRP Sphere Comp esc(2 race old). I shipped it back 8-9 weeks ago & have had multiple conversations with employees of LRP. (1) We have no esc's in stock to replace yours. (2) We have had a trade show in Germany & will have them next week.(3)We still have no stock but will send you a original sphere.(4) we shipped your Sphere-comp replacement 03-09-06 (5) We have shipped your Sphere comp replacement 03/09/06.(6) sorry I left out were moving & have them all packed up! Well it's now the 16th & I still have no ESC! If you have had the same poor customer support from LRP keep it in mind when you are looking to make another purchase. Tim Jeffers

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
13.5 all the way to 180 deg (motor temp)original LRP Sphere NO problems over a year old.

4300 all the way to 175 deg (motor temp)original LRP Sphere NO problems 6 months old.

Set on the modified setting hole shots very nice.

Must be something in the comp.

I have a GTB 6 months old looks and works like new havent used in two months I would trade for a 07 Sphere in perferct shape even has the bigboytoys machined alum top on it and a extra new on and off switch.

Jake

·
Go Fast, Turn Left
4,717 Posts
JDW said:
13.5 all the way to 180 deg (motor temp)original LRP Sphere NO problems over a year old.

4300 all the way to 175 deg (motor temp)original LRP Sphere NO problems 6 months old.

Set on the modified setting hole shots very nice.

Must be something in the comp.

I have a GTB 6 months old looks and works like new havent used in two months I would trade for a 07 Sphere in perferct shape even has the bigboytoys machined alum top on it and a extra new on and off switch.

Jake

Jake,
Depending on when/what/if I get something back from LRP, maybe we can work something out. No clue on when my LRP will be back though.

·
Go Fast, Turn Left
4,717 Posts
bolognarc said:
i received my sphere comp today & it was shipped on the 14th...just as I assumed they lied once again!

Did they ship you a new '07 COMP?

I'm curious what I may get out of them. When my COMP went south it was rather uneventful so I thought they may fix it or something.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi Guys,

I jusy bought a sphere comp 07 and wired up my 10.5 motor. Everything set up fine but when I tested it out in the street it would shut down after 3 seconds at full throttle. I tried re-soldering the motor, resetting the speedo, checking the connection of the sensor wire, and even gearing down a few teeth and installing the heat sink. It happens so fast the motor doesn't even get a chance to get hot.

Anyone have any other suggestions for me? Thanks.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.