Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else have the issue on the Pulsar 3 with the voltage reading? After my run I recharge my 1C lipo and it reads 4.2 (when it is actually 3.9 or so)volts and will not charge at my set 9 amps. It will bounce all around and it will eventually peak the battery correctly at 4.22 volts, but it is not efficiant. We have 5 or 6 other chargers at Rosewood that are doing the exact same thing. Just wanted to see if others see this as well.

Thanks
Joel White

·
Registered
855 Posts
Anyone else have the issue on the Pulsar 3 with the voltage reading? After my run I recharge my 1C lipo and it reads 4.2 (when it is actually 3.9 or so)volts and will not charge at my set 9 amps. It will bounce all around and it will eventually peak the battery correctly at 4.22 volts, but it is not efficiant. We have 5 or 6 other chargers at Rosewood that are doing the exact same thing. Just wanted to see if others see this as well.

Thanks
Joel White
Yep, mine does as well, but only if I don't use a certain amount of mah. After a full 7.5 or 10.5 run, it charges normal, but if I go practice for a minute or 2 then pull off and repeak, it will charge like you described. Does not do this on the RX pack, doesn't matter how little is used out of there it always reads correctly, so it has to have something to do with the low voltage?

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I was thinking it is a 1C thing. I also noticed the same as you Kevin. If I run a full 4 min and charge it is usually correct, but if I only run 1 or 2 it is all over the place.

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
do you all know that you can callibrate the out put charge to match the house voltmeter when checking the charge of your one cell ?

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep. The final voltage is always perfect. The issue we are having is when you start charging the pack is at say 4.0 volts, but the charger will show it at 4.20 volts and only charge it at like 1 or 2 amps. and then it bounces around.

What you are talking about is plug the battery in, hold the 2 middle buttons, and then plug the charger into the power supply.

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I tried dropping mine down to 7 amps the other day to see if that would help and it still seemed to mess up. I will give it a try again though.

·
Registered
640 Posts
yep i have 2 and both do the same thing noticed it back in the summer They still charger 4.22 so i had forgot about it.

·
Registered
5,497 Posts
Mine does this and I believe it is normal....something in the software that is a safety mechanism when trying to charge when the Voltage of the pack is close to the constant voltage switch point. Like it toggles back and forth between CC and CV.

FYI...the guys in our 17.5 Spec class are only using approx. 900 mAh in 5 minutes!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts