Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
Considering that the whole process of making die cast back then was quite primitive compared to how it's done today.

No fancy laser scanners and crazy computer controlled stuff like we have now.All of this stuff was essentially guys with dial calipers and modeling clay to come up with a casting to be put into production.

That being said,this is one of my favorite matchboxes of all time.

Mike

·
Registered
173 Posts
I would also welcome it but no point in dreaming it will never happen.Mattel seem to be putting all the cash into the Hot Wheels brand as is evident with no up to date web site and poor communication to there adult customers.

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
I would also welcome it but no point in dreaming it will never happen.Mattel seem to be putting all the cash into the Hot Wheels brand as is evident with no up to date web site and poor communication to there adult customers.
I agree.

It's almost as if they are trying on purpose to tank the matchbox brand name.

The pegs around here are clogged with over tampoed matchboxes with wacky colored wheels.

I don't know about in other areas,but around here matchbox had a good run,and new stuff came and went pretty quick.

Not any more.

Mike

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
I agree.

It's almost as if they are trying on purpose to tank the matchbox brand name.

The pegs around here are clogged with over tampoed matchboxes with wacky colored wheels.

I don't know about in other areas,but around here matchbox had a good run,and new stuff came and went pretty quick.

Not any more.

Mike
That's pretty much the case here as well. Wally's has an overload of MBs on pegs that match your description and they haven't thinned out yet and Target had their stock of MBs spread out over a bunch of pegs but I noticed today they had consolidated what they had on half of the pegs and just pulled the empty pegs above them and left the wallboard exposed - didn't even try to fill them with anything else, MB or otherwise. Don't know how they could anyway, their HW pegs are down to about 1 maybe 2 on average cards per peg. Couldn't make them much thinner if you took a match to what's left.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts