Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just did my first Dash Lead Sled .Real cool too & I have it running on an XLerater quadra-Lam chassis.Run's like a Banshee too ! Gotta get me more at the next show ($10 a pop ! )I also did a '63 Galaxie white on Black using a JLTO / AWTO Chassis.I still have another Lead Sled Black & white top kit that I have to do. Not too bad but I feel the front axle supports may easily break in a deslotting accident & the side pipes seem a little too thin but otherwise a nice execution !

Neal :dude:

·
Registered
807 Posts
Nice looking sled.The colors brings back the 60's look just right. :thumbsup: I love the lead sled and dash bodies are a great example.
If you want to make the front wheel hangers more durable use tubing in between the pirches.Another thing I have done is drilled the holes bigger and glued the tubing through the piches and then the axle would go through the tubing for extra support.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Neal, that's an awesome lead sled :thumbsup: I've been really wanting to do a Tjet lead sled......definately will have to be flat black though...and probably some flames too :dude:

Is your sled lighted???

·
Model Murdering
7,331 Posts
Rocket Sled

:thumbsup: Great application for that chassis. You didnt mention any clearance problems with the gear assem. Were there any? How's the handling with the extended wheel base and extra zoop? Very cool!

·
Registered
806 Posts
I love the handling on my sled. Neal, this is great use for the Xcelerator, you don't have to do anything with the front axle.

Jim

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It handles very well & there are no clearance problems.Want to do my other lead sled with the quadra lam

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
volvo1:1 said:
It handles very well & there are no clearance problems.Want to do my other lead sled with the quadra lam
Iforgot to mention that the band on the diode has to be facing the front of the car or the car will run in tyhe wrong direction onle.any chassis with #2 or #4 will run properly.if it is an odd # like 1 or 3 the silver band on the diode will be facing towards the rear.you can just use a soldered jumper wire to bypass the diode to eliminate this problem.

·
Registered
327 Posts
??

volvo1:1,

Have no idea what you all are talking about, since I'm a 1/32 type. Do know I like the car a lot . . .

Cheers,
Jas

1 - 13 of 13 Posts