Hobbyist Forums banner

Lotus Concept

2K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  minicup64 
#1 ·
Sleek and aerodynamic, moving on FTE wheels.

The wheels used to be the first thing to come off my cars but I suppose rubber wheels aren't always the best option.

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
Thanks. I had originally painted it with the red X-Metals but didn't like the way it turned out. The blue windscreen, copper FTE wheels and red body just didn't flow together.

I wish now I had gone a little heavier with the blue, in an effort to get the same deep finish as I did on the mini Boneshaker, but learn as I go. I may paint the rear bare metal airfoil flat black too.

I'm still thinking about the mail-in race Jason posted about. If I enter I'll probably use this one since it's got the FTE wheels and looks like it would slip through the air with the greatest of ease. :p I don't have any track to try it out on though.

#6 ·
...Just remember the race is only half of the points.

Jason
I'll have to read over your thread again.

I kind of rushed it out as part of testing the paint and there is still a lot to be done before it could be considered finished to the point of being judged. Tomorrow is payday though so it's the right time of the month for me to get one shipped and everything.

I guess it's the next best thing to being there. If I don't enter one I'll just kick myself and wonder why...

#15 ·
I put some Future in a little bottle with a lid and dipped the Lotus tonight, when it drys and I finish detailing it I'll post pix. Talk about a nice, deep shine... I hope the camera does it justice.

It only costs $7 for a 27 oz bottle at Wal-Mart and I recommend everybody try it out for themselves.

#17 ·
In our Wal-Mart superstore it's in the grocery dept by the floor care products, on the bottom shelf in a clear bottle. It should be by floor wax and stuff if your store is different. Look for Pledge with Future Shine.

It's killer. I used a little paint brush to apply some to this cop bike so I didn't have to mess w/ dismantling it and it worked like a charm. The bike had a dull, flat finish to start with:

Check out the pix of the '65 Corvette to see how it looks on a car with the blue paint. I'll try to finish this one up tonight.

If you do use it be sure to watch window areas when you dip a casting. The surface tension is such that it will make a bubble on windows and you'll have to pop it. The site I provided a link to has something about adding a few drops of dishsoap liquid or Windex to the work jar, but haven't tried it.

http://www.swannysmodels.com/TheCompleteFuture.html

#19 ·
I finally got around to getting the Lotus dipped in Future and detailed. I didn't know whether or not to fill in the headlights, they weren't in the factory release and one slip would ruin the whole thing, but went ahead and filled them in silver. I did the interior in flat black and the metal piece that makes up the rear wing and exhaust in Rust-Oleum sliver Metallic Finish.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.