Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Back in October I went on vacation come find my garage was broken into and most of my Trek collection...ten years of stuff was gone, stolen. Included with all the toys and memorabalia were two finished models a Next Gen Enterprise and a AMT D-7. For some reason, the thieves left my unbuilt kits...thankfully. I figured I'd share pics of those two lost models and couple more I've built.

Enjoy...at least I did.

·
Registered
4,235 Posts
The Pics were stolen too.

My garage was ripped off a few years ago. They got about $600 in power tools. I had burglar bars on the windows too, so it must have been a kid who squeezed in and opened the door for the rest. The cops were decidedly uninterested.
About a month ago I bought a cordless drill, and it has disappeared. So I used the spare battery to make 2 batteries for my old drill.
My new burglar bars have tiny openings.

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
look on ebay

it would seem that will me most likely place for the thieves to sell .You may be able to track down some of your lost artifacts.

improvise,adapt and overcome.we are the fellowship of modelers.

·
Registered
817 Posts
A couple of years ago, I had some kits in storage while I was assigned to Germany. I faithfully paid the storage fees until it was time to come home and the storage company told me they could not locate my stuff. Because I had not added extra insurance, they only felt obligated to pay me a percentage of what I had lost.

Obviously I did not agree. They had lost the stuff, not me.

I was preparing to sue when I actually found some of my kits at a local model swap meet (I'd written my name inside the boxes). It turns out the storage company had screwed up the paperwork and sold my stuff a year before I returned to the US. They continued to take my money, though.

The person who had bought my stuff (they had no way of knowing that had happened) said they would testify in court when they bought the kits. That plus my receipts and cancelled checks sealed the deal.

The moving company paid the $1,500 they owed.

A good ending to an otherwise sad tale.

Jeff

1 - 4 of 4 Posts