Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Can't wait! Stan sent me a preview of it a few days ago and it's got some great sound bites. I said I wasn't going to get the Robby kit, but, after seeing your build I just had to have one!

hal9001-

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
P/L is doing a Robby with Altiera this year Too.!!!
Stan's stuff is stellar..I'll have a vid of the J2 sound board in a bit

Thanks!

Steve

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Here we go! Gonna have some fun tonight..lol

The seams are a bit of work, but just be patient.

The sound board fits right in:

Some more tweaking on the arm and leg seams,..then paint.

Steve

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
UGH! Those arms, those arms!! Looks like you did a good job of them though.
Come next month I'm gonna get this set for my B-9. Stan does such good work.

I just hope the aftermarket set Paragrahics is goning to make offers the arms retracted. Or, a choice of extended or retracted would be nice.

Anyway, gonna watch this build with interest! You're the reason I bought the Robby set. Wasn't gonna, but you made it look too fun and cool.

hal9001-

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks!
Robbie(s) were fun..I have another to build now as well..

The kit install is easy, Stan and I did the tutorial together you will recognize a lot of the pics.
You can always e-mail me or even call. I'll give you whatever help you need, but I don't think you'll need any with the sound and light kits...just the plastic parts...

Remember, with Robbie good sandable automotive primer, and lots of hand sanding. I didn't use much filler, just primer.

The B9 kit is some work..the arms...lol. I'm still trying to find a way to make the seam filling easier(I have two more to build) If you want shorter arms..and less work you could cut the existing arms a bit.

More pics tonight or in the morning..

Steve

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Thanks Steve, that's a kind offer! I probably wont be building either Robby or B-9 for a while. I'm haveing to grapple with health issues right now. My only enjoyment in modeling these days is BUYING!! Not too much building.

Besides, I've got too many kits well started that I told myself I'm going to finish before I start yet another kit. Sound familiar? :eek:

I will be watching this build with a great deal of interest as I did your Robby.

Will you be giving Stan some build pics as you go along like you did with Robby for the instructions? Those sure will be handy when I build Mr. Robby. You may not get the B-9 pics submitted before I buy my B-9 sound kit though. I'll be able to get it in about a week I think.

hal9001-

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes When I get to a pertinent part of the build I send the pics to Stan.
I was hoping the Paragraphix PE set for the Big b9 would be ready but it's not out there yet. It will make adding the lights much easier.

Paint is almost done..pics in a bit

Steve

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Steve, I was looking at my B-9 today (first time in a long time) and I noticed that the frameing around the voice box, on the body parts, isn't that well molded. Looks like it will take some work to make it look better! Mine's not that well formed. I see other issues too. Well....I guess that's all part of modeling.

If we were ever given the 'perfect' model, we wouldn't know what to do. :lol: Yes, it will be nice to get an up-grade for this kit. Anything to help it out. Like you said, too bad it wasn't ready for your build!

hal9001-

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What I did with this one, it's still not perfect. I block sanded any irregular trim lines to even them out a bit.

Click on the image for a looksee:
[/URL][/IMG]

Steve

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks! 'kinda looks like the tin man in that vid.

It's the first time I tested the light kit in the body. now I need to figure out where to run all the FO.

Pics soon..

Steve

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
What I did with this one, it's still not perfect. I block sanded any irregular trim lines to even them out a bit.

Steve
Yeah, the frameing around the voice box is pretty rough. Like you said, all you can do is try and sand them into a better shape. PL was kinda sloppy on this one. I'm kinda dissapointed in several areas but what'a ya gonna do?

But, I should be glad they re-issued this kit. If not, the only one would have been an uber exspensive origianl Aurora kit on eBay! :eek:

I'll take what I can get.

Keep up the good work.

hal9001-

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks you guys!
I'm figuring out how to light the "head"

I'm going to start by turning this part:

Into this:

I still need to fine tune the lengths and add some doo-dads.

Steve

·
Registered
292 Posts
Watched your Robbie build and I'm following this one too. Just a really great idea for these kits.

On a different note: I wonder how hard it would be to do this:

with the Robbie and B9 kits.
Bob

1 - 20 of 51 Posts