Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a losi xx4 its a 4 wheel drive belt driven buggie, back in its day the mid to late 90's it was fast and handled the tracks really well won some big races with it.But that was then,and this is now the car has been on the shevel many years,but is still in good shape to race.My question is how would the losi xx4 compete with the 4 wheel drive buggies of today? how would it handle a brushles system, and if so would it be a 17.5 or 13.5 or maybe a 10.5.i have been checking around to see if spare parts can be found they can be,if any one has opinions please post them thank you

·
Registered
5,420 Posts
Definitely. Check out the XX4 forum on RCTech for lots of setup info for this car.

Losi is still selling all the parts for the XX4 even though it is an old car.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Several years ago I started getting into 4wd and ended up buying a XXX-4 G+, but shortly after that I ended up with three Academy SB-V2 Pro Carbons. I Then picked up a cheap XX-4 Worlds Edition, and now have a B44. In my opinion, the XX-4 WE was probably the smoothest and best jumping of all of the 4wd's that I have owned. Wish I still had it! You have a great car that can definitely be competitive, so build it up and start racing!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks for your replys,back in mid 90's when i first baught this losi xx4 i upgraded the whole front end with the trinity blue aluminum hop ups and the motor brace,racing camber links all the way around and every other hop up there was at the time and those parts are still on the car and is still in good shape.now i need to get the new style rims and tires and a decent lipo saddle pack.i have taken the car apart can cleaned everything replaced all the belts checked every thing over, so hopefuly soon it will hit the track for the first time in over 10 years,i pray it holds together and does well against the newer 4x4's i am looking forword to it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a losi xx4 its a 4 wheel drive belt driven buggie, back in its day the mid to late 90's it was fast and handled the tracks really well won some big races with it.But that was then,and this is now the car has been on the shevel many years,but is still in good shape to race.My question is how would the losi xx4 compete with the 4 wheel drive buggies of today? how would it handle a brushles system, and if so would it be a 17.5 or 13.5 or maybe a 10.5.i have been checking around to see if spare parts can be found they can be,if any one has opinions please post them thank you
I got one i raced weekly this past year with a Tekin brushless setup and never give a minutes trouble.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts