Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed a dual slipper in my mini late model. when you tighten to locknut on the shaft, do you tighten it until it stops turning and the spring fully compressed or just until it starts to compress the spring?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You tighten it to get the amount of slip you need. Spring compression is not a criteria.

I understand how it works, the instructions say tighten locknut all the way down then back it off 4 complete turns, then says this is a good starting point. So do i need to tighten it until it just stops turning or what?

·
Registered
7,168 Posts
Put your car on the track if it is carpet (if not use a high traction surface) with the slipper set as the instructions say. With a fully charged battery, your diff set (it should be pretty tight), do a hard launch. The slipper should only slip a short distance on carpet (a foot is probably more than enough). The slipper cannot be locked down completely or the diff may slip and that will destroy it or you will not come through corners as well. As you run the car you may adjust as needed.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the replies. so what is the secret to turning the nut without the shaft turning or wheels turning. i cant move the nut at all right now

·
Premium Member
1,725 Posts
Do as the instruction say.
Set the vehicle down. tighten the nut down until it is snug. No brute force needed.
Then back it off 4 turns. It will probably be too loose.. but it is a starting point.
Then tighten or loosen it until you get the desire performance you want.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts