Hobbyist Forums banner

Looky What I Did!!

1K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  tjetsgrig 
#1 ·
Here ya go fellas! Serious haulin' from a 2 laminate motor!! I'm happy with this for now.....and ya gotta see one of those "thermal events" I was talkin' about!! :freak:

#4 ·
I thought the breakdown was too cool not to share! That cloud of smoke kills me!! You can see how it blows out the back and side of the car, kinda like a blower explosion!! I couldn't stop crackin' up! Just listen to that little pancake motor spool up!! That's gotta be some serious rpm goin' on right there!! I think I'm gonna have to build another 5 laminate stack and see if I can get back to the 0.2's again. It just blows my mind that a tjet can go that fast!! What awsome geared little wonders they are!!

#8 ·
Thanks Guys!!
Happy New Year to all! As you may, or may not have noticed, all the bodies I use have been through the mill. They're definately not lookers. They take such a beating, that I just use the pullback JL's until they just won't hang on to the chassis anymore! You would be surprized how much of one of those bodies will survive after a violent crash! There will be more to come, I have a couple more things to try. I need to do them one at a time, or I won't know which mod effected performance. I've got some stronger traction magnets and some taller tires. I only need to take .020 off the e.t. to reach my target of the 0.350's. Will keep you posted!!!

Enjoy your Holiday everyone!!!!

Jim Sgrig

#12 ·
Thanks Scott!! I've got a pillow wrapped tightly in a sheet, kinda like a catchers mit. It sounds worse than it really is. It stops the fast cars nicely without damage. The basement is too short for my last 8' section of track. It does the job though!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.