Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.

It's been a while since I have posted. But I am cleaning my house and ran across some of my "spares" and am interested to know if anyone wants to trade any of these Classics for mainlines.

I am interested in ANY work truck (carded) produced prior to 2000.

Any takers?

Attachments

·
Registered
674 Posts
Hello all.

It's been a while since I have posted. But I am cleaning my house and ran across some of my "spares" and am interested to know if anyone wants to trade any of these Classics for mainlines.

I am interested in ANY work truck (carded) produced prior to 2000.

Any takers?
You have PM.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Let's see if I can get a couple pics up here:

I know you said Hot Wheels, but I did put two old carded Matchbox to be seen. I also have quite a few Hiway Hauler two packs I just haven't had a chance to photograph yet...but I'm getting there. If these are the kinds of things you are looking for...or not...LMK and I'll see what else I can come up with.

Attachments

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What I am looking for are these types of road equipment…

CAT Road Roller
Cement Mixers
Tow Trucks
Graders
Military Vehicles
Snowplows
Waste Wagon

Not necessarily these exact vehicles, but vehicles like them.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
I was just about to post up my extras of HW's but came to the bottom of
the page and read you are after the older Construction Vehicles.

I don't have extras of the older Construction Cars. Sorry, hope someone
here can help you out.

·
Registered
674 Posts
CAT Road Rollers, or anything made with CAT name on them, are premium pieces...they don't go cheap.

Military vehicles that look anything close to real don't go cheap either.

Hot Wheels I don't think ever made a believable grader, the one attempt I remember came close was a Charity piece in a baggie based on the Street Cleaver, a person can tell because the blade is "v" shaped instead of straight across.

Oshkosh mixer in yellow or red, white and blue were actual road colors.

The best HW wrecker is the old Ramblin' Wrecker which came out as a redline in '75, and made off and on for quite awhile. When HW came out with Tow Jam in '98, any credibility with wreckers went out the door for me.

I don't think HW has ever done a convincing snow plow or waste wagon. Gotta correct myself, I do recall an Oshkosh dump that came out very late '80's in orange that came with a plow at first, in later variations the plow accessory was dropped. Again this is an older piece.

MB on the other hand, has made quite a few of these working vehicles in more or less believable configurations for many years. I have a snowplow from the '60's that looks like it could still get out and plow snow.

From the mid-'90's on, HW has only had fantasy versions of working vehicles, and hasn't really done any military vehicles since around the same time. So everything you are looking for, *if* it can be found, is pretty old stuff if you want to stay with Hot Wheels. Good luck.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Now I have found HW construction equipment in Caterpillar yellow on old blue cards from the early '90's like a bulldozer (fixed treads, rolls on hidden wheels underneath), Quarry Dump truck (a lot like a Terex) and a "Pan" scraper, and the Road Roller of course in yellow without the CAT markings. That's about it, and those are the most recent I am aware of.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Let's run this by again...

Hot Wheels Power Plower (snow plow), issued on blue card and I believe was also early McD's happymeal giveaway, early '90's

Matchbox field tractor and trailor, CAT construction set very late '90's
As far as I know these are unique to this set and have not been used before or since.

Matchbox wheel loader and dump truck, CAT construction set very late '90's
The wheel loader may look familiar, I believe it is the same casting used in the HW line from the early 2000's on. The dump truck is an older MB casting.

Matchbox backhoe and soil compactor, CAT construction set very late '90's
Again these castings as far as I know are unique to this set, not used before or since.

Matchbox Snow Plow, not sure but I think this is early to mid-'90's, has TYCO wheels (before Mattel)

Matchbox cement mixer, same as above MB snow plow, before Mattel

Matchbox older regular wheel snow plow from the '60's

Matchbox military tank from the regular wheel era, '60's

Let me look around and see what else I can put up...

You can see these and some others I have in my photobucket:
http://s937.photobucket.com/albums/ad218/juantoo3_album/sales/

·
Registered
674 Posts

Matchbox heavy wrecker from the '60's

Matchbox dump truck from around 1980

Hot Wheels Supercannon, appears to be '85 edition missing the rocket launcher from the rear

Dinky 1 ton cargo truck, I am guessing '60's or '70's, poor shape

Hot Wheels Roll Patrol, looks to be '85 edition and in very nice almost mint shape, also have a tan camo version from around '93 and the blue card series that I recently got and don't have a pic of yet

I have a couple of tanks (1 HW, 1 generic but good paint scheme), a HW halftrack and cargo truck, a MB personnel carrier from the late '80's and a more recent hummer and a very nice generic camo helicopter, all in very nice condition almost mint, I'm just tired of fooling with photobucket for now.

Are these the kind of things you are talking about?

·
Registered
674 Posts
Oh yeah, maybe these might interest you:

Freightliner in red or white by Malibu

or Peterbilt in yellow or black, again by Malibu. These are from a couple years ago, 2008 +/-.

Exceptionally nice detail for the size.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Let's run this by again...

Matchbox wheel loader and dump truck, CAT construction set very late '90's
The wheel loader may look familiar, I believe it is the same casting used in the HW line from the early 2000's on. The dump truck is an older MB casting.

Matchbox backhoe and soil compactor, CAT construction set very late '90's
Again these castings as far as I know are unique to this set, not used before or since.

Boy, Learn something new every day! I have both the Wheel Loader (it actually says "wheel roader" on the bottom) and the soil compactor in my collection. I never knew they were part of sets and not available in singles. Thats cool to know, Thanks!

BTW both of these have '1997' dated on the bottoms.

·
Registered
674 Posts
The bottom dates, at least for Hot Wheels and Mattel era Matchbox, are copyright dates, and are usually the year before the first release. The date on the bottom has nothing to do with the year they were released. The '55 Chevy Nomad is still being made, and if you look on the bottom I think the copyright date is 1969 or '70, even if it was made this year. Very confusing for people who don't know, and there are sellers more than happy to take advantage of those who don't know that.

I'm not always right, I make mistakes. But I do not purposely tell people untruths.

The Wheel Loader has been made over again many times in the Hot Wheels line. Here's one from 1982 borrowed from South Texas Diecast:

And here's one from 2001, again from STD:

The Dump Truck was made before in the Matchbox line, just different colors. Look at the MB Cement Mixer I posted and compare, it is the same truck chassis and body with a different load on the back. I've got a beat up tanker too.

If you have the soil compactor, I would love to see it. I have never seen this one anywhere else. Don't confuse it with the Road Roller, the "wheels" are completely different, and so is the body.

Again from STD:

·
Registered
674 Posts
Those MB playsets were made *after* Mattel bought Matchbox from TYCO. There were two other 2 piece sets as I recall, as well as three larger playsets (one was a mine, I forget what the others were). The Road Roller was used in at least one other 2 piece set and at least one of the larger sets, according to the back of the packaging.

·
Registered
995 Posts
UMM yea...I never said what year they came out (since I don't know), only that the bottom said 1997.
And I'm pretty sure I can tell the difference between a soil compactor and a road roller (I used to work heavy equipment construction LOL)
Anyways, here are mine.
This would be a soil compactor

this is a Wheel Loader

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
I am looking for anything heavy duty - road construction, military, etc... (read: anything that is not a car or a plane/heli/boat made in the last 5 years) on a HW blue card someone is willing to trade for Classics.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Since I am not getting any traction, I would like to open this up to searching for other classics I am missing. Will post a list of what I need later.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts