Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking for Brand and Track info

I ran across this picture of a 1/32 scale track set. I know the cars are compatible with other brands.The cars look pretty good especially the F-1's. the only problem is I can't make out the brand and I can't seem to get any info on the manufacturer. They also make several 1/43 scale sets. Is there anyone here that is familar with these set.
Thanks Jeff
www.jwlslotcars.net
[/IMG]

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Jiada - they apparently are a slot car manufacturer from China. Here is a quick blurb about them from the SlotForum:

http://www.slotforum.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14433

That was about the best I could find information wise. Even E-Bay is limited. I can find about 4 F1's with that brand name, but that is about it.

Hope that helps a little.

PD2

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. I found a Scaley track with pretty much the same cars. The thread you posted gave some very good info. I ran across another one that said that the track is pretty much the same as Scaley classis accept a little more rigid. Not sure about the shipping charges from China or the type of power supply available. But to be able to get a Track this size with highly detailed, well performing cars for less $100 maybe less than $75 would be a great bargain I think.
Jeff

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
JWL Slot Cars said:
Thanks for the info. I found a Scaley track with pretty much the same cars. The thread you posted gave some very good info. I ran across another one that said that the track is pretty much the same as Scaley classis accept a little more rigid. Not sure about the shipping charges from China or the type of power supply available. But to be able to get a Track this size with highly detailed, well performing cars for less $100 maybe less than $75 would be a great bargain I think.
Jeff
Most definitely! And NEW too! I ended up with a Scaley Sport track - a little over 25' of track and came with two SCX/Scalextric LeMans Cadillacs. I paid about $125 new for it at my local slot car track a little over a year ago. I have recently upgraded the controllers to Parma 25 ohms and I'm about to use my old power supply from my RC days to power the track instead of the Hornby power pack it comes with. The track is not all too ridged, hence it tends to get some bowing and curving at the joints. BUT, that's the great thing about it - its so flexible, you just gently bend it back into flat shape. Works like a charm every time. For me, its perfect - I have no place to setup a permanent track so I'll pull it out, run the cars over the weekend in our den, entry way, or computer room and then put it up for the week. I'd love to have a permanently setup track, but I think I'm gonna have to clean the garage out to get that done.

Glad I could help you out! Good luck finding and purchasing your track! Hope you have lots of fun!

PD2:thumbsup:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know the feeling about space. I had to clean out my storage building off my carport to put a HO scale track and a 1/32 scale Artin. Neither is real big but I enjoy them when I get the chance to run them.
Jeff

1 - 5 of 5 Posts