Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't find any wave 8, 1/64 BTMs in the Dallas area Walmarts. Have they shipped yet? Does it take a while to hit the shelves?

BTW anyone know a good hobby shop with good selection of 1/64 BTMs and import racers in th DFW?

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,829 Posts
Since about wave 6 I have had a hard time finding the cars in the stores. I have resorted to just buying them from one of the on-line dealers. A lot less headaches. I bought all of wave 8 cars on-line. Nice series.

Welcome to Hobbytalk.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Jada Wave 8

I was able to get these from one of the sponsors of this site each for about 85 cents more than it would cost in a Wal-Mart etc. This includes postage, so there is also a gas savings as well since they are delivered to my home as soon as they are issued. I feel I am getting the best of the deal or at least breaking even!

·
Registered
424 Posts
Wave 8 is not released to places like WM yet...........

Hobby Dealers usually get about a 3 month headstart on them...........

I've never understood why people run back and forth to wally world looking for that 1 or 2 cars to complete a set...............

Whole sets generally go for around $35 plus shipping online...............

So much cheaper especially with the price of gas,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

·
7,829 Posts
Wow, I didn't know there was a three month delay. I still don't think I ever saw Wave 7 in any of the stores.
I used to be one of those guys that would always be running around for those one or two cars I was missing.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I agree with Reekman...the only place to buy a complete wave is online...IMHO. That is unless you like to drive around and check the pegs...

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
reekman said:

I've never understood why people run back and forth to wally world looking for that 1 or 2 cars to complete a set...............

I have HobbyTownUSA nearby Me, they have nothing but "Toys For Big Kids!"
except some 1:18, 1:24, RARLEY 1:64, and I have HobbyLobby too! havent been there :lol: :wave:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wave 7s

Atencio said:
Wow, I didn't know there was a three month delay. I still don't think I ever saw Wave 7 in any of the stores.
I used to be one of those guys that would always be running around for those one or two cars I was missing.
It's weird you haven't seen W7s in SoCal especially since Jada is HQd in City of Industry. I thought disbrutions start west and head east. BTW have you hit the Montebello Town Center yet? they have 2 stores there... one is exclusive diecast. Also Ontario Mills has a store... dunno if it's still there.

ANyways there's plenty of W7 BTMs in TX and an endless supply of D-Rods... no one is buying them :confused: local TRUs are ridding them at $2.00.

·
7,829 Posts
I live near Ontario Mills. I went into a diecast store there once, been a while. They had a lot of 1/18 stuff but hardly any 1/64 stuff. Will have to check out the mall in Montebello.
I remember when MotorMaxs Fresh Cherries came out people back east must have gotten them a good two to three weeks before I saw them despite the fact that MotorMax's distributer is like 5 miles from where I live.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
reekman said:

When do you think they'll hit WM? I love BTMs but I only want 1 or 2 w8s, I don't need the whole set. As for the visiting stores I love cruising the aisles and seeing my favorite display :hat: but yeah gas is expensive.

It seems hobby stores don't carry 1:64s cuz they can't compete with WM's $3 price? flip side, dept stores don't carry the bigger scales because they lack shelf space... well that's my theory :eek:

·
Registered
330 Posts
It does not matter where the company hq or major distributors when it comes to items hitting the shelves especially at WM. WM distributes from their hq in Bentonville. I've never understood their distribution methods.... I have a WM in Duarte and Baldwin Park Ca and each of them have different diecast items on the shelves... As far as the store in the Montebello Town Center he marks up his items quite a bit... I've never been to the Ontario Mills store.... There is always Frank & Sons in Walnut or collectablediecast.com which is in Alhambra that allows you to pick up your purchases if you desire... Jae

·
Registered
164 Posts
What are the best online retailers? I can rarely find these things at retail, so I'm thinking it's best to go online for them.

·
7,829 Posts
I try to get mine from http://milezone.com/ Only problem is that he tends to sell out some of the cars rather quickly (Police cars for example). His cars run about $3.50

http://www.1stopdiecast.com/ sells the cars by the pack which comes out to about $4.00 a car I have never bought from them though others have said good things.

·
Premium Member
1,719 Posts
We are stocking more of the 1/64 scale Jada rides, so they will stay in stock a bit longer for you all. 1/64 trailers sets coming next week, as well as the Old Skool Wave 3.

Russ
Milezone's
Get to the Zone!
http://milezone.com

·
7,829 Posts
That will be awesome Russ.
Now if I can get you to stock the Maisto stuff I will never have to go to a store again.

·
Premium Member
1,719 Posts
Atencio said:
That will be awesome Russ.
Now if I can get you to stock the Maisto stuff I will never have to go to a store again.
hmmmm Maisto, used to have an account, might have to re-think the Maisto line. ;-)

Russ

1 - 20 of 23 Posts