Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an old 10hp Tecumseh and need a needle seat and float bowl gasket ring. The only numbers on the carb are 511 2B8. Can anyone give me cross referance # to find a rebuild kit. I cannot find anything from those numbers.
Thanks,

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There are no number stamped anywhere that I can see. There is a Tecumseh sticker on the recoil shroud. I will try to get a picture posted. This is an old engine I am guessing 20+ years.

The main parts I need are the needle seat, bowl gasket, and main jet high speed screw rubber o-ring (bottom of bowl). It runs good, just cant keep the rubber o-ring from leaking. The float needle valve actually sticks into the needle seat and "pops" in and out. However, it does stop gas and seams to run ok with the sticking.

Are part very interchangable between kits (needle seat).

Any ideas on the o-ring, it appears to be sealling tight, I just think gas is getting between the o-ring and threads on the main jet needle.

Thank,
Jeff

·
Registered
98 Posts
does it have the fuel tank mounted on top of the shroud? if it does the numbers you need are probably stamped in the shroud under the tank.

·
Registered
6,116 Posts
Post all the numbers off of the carburetor as they can be cross referenced to the correct carburetor and kit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts