Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm expanding into 1/32, and looking for used Scalextric Sport tracks. Anything useable for the moment. MUST be more than a few pieces, or the shipping will crucify me.

Don't know why this popped into my head.. but I'm picturing an 8 inch wide roll of rubber roofing.. thinking how awesome it'd be to have a repeating corrugated pattern on 1 side, and 2 slotcar lanes on the other, so you could cut the length you needed, and install 'plug ends' on both ends of your cut piece instead of all this sectional stuff. The stuff would probably be great for drag strips, club setups, and permanent home runs.. Maybe it is out there and I just haven't seen it. Anyways, if someone is switching from Scalextric to something else, or just cleaning house, I'm interested. Just P.M. me

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I decided on Scalextric because it'd be the easiest track to rout and make my own lane change sections. Trying to rout 2 different depths for SCX seemed like a nightmare, and I can't use Carrera track here on the floor because of my 2 big dogs.. Anyways, it seems I've left out a rather important detail.. There's a light on the bottom of the Scalextric cars that activates the 'switch', so your car changes lanes.. Is there an aftermarket place to buy the chassis parts for converting other cars, or turning a model into a slotcar? I think "DPR" means Digital Program Ready, so any premade car that has this can accept the Scalextric digital chip.. but do they sell this "motherboard" separately? If I buy a 1/32 Chevy and a motor, where do I find the rest to get it ready to race on my digital Scalextric track??

·
Registered
232 Posts
This is the scalextric c1192t american challenge race set complete except i sold the camaro seperately. The set comes with over 25 feet of the new sport track, 1 trans am race car - the c2436 #15 parnelli jones boss 302 mustang with union and firestone sponsors , sought after by collectors and no longer available for sale by scalextric 4 controllers, 2-transformers, track with outer curbs and more - complete and ready for racing. Plus extra track from smaller set.

I will count track if you want. And I'll sell the track without the car too, just make an offer.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts