Hobbyist Forums banner
  • If you've ever been interested in the history of Zee Toys or Maisto over the course of the 80s, 90s and into the modern day, you should come over to the Hobbytalk Ask Me Anything with Chepp going live on Tuesday, September 21st and running until Thursday, September 23rd. Don't miss out! You can ask your questions here!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know where I can find a catalog/list of the releases in the Racing Champions Mint Edition series? I skipped these when they came out because I was exclusively a Brand X collector at the time. Found a couple on vacation last week and they rekindled an interest in tracking them down.

Any info on this series -- or where I can find info (another BB maybe?) would be appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
i think i know what you're talking about, they came with little stands, that had metal plates screwed to the stands that had the car logo on them??

·
Registered
682 Posts
RC used to have an archives section on their site. Don't know if they still do but I believe the series ran from 1996-98. I've got a few here if you're interested.

·
Registered
127 Posts
jjflash said:
RC used to have an archives section on their site. Don't know if they still do but I believe the series ran from 1996-98. I've got a few here if you're interested.
jjflash what cars do u have??? Do u have pics of them???

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Eurosport94 said:
i think i know what you're talking about, they came with little stands, that had metal plates screwed to the stands that had the car logo on them??
Those are the ones. Many of them were really nicely done, and they could be pretty tough to come by. I just found release #1 (blue Viper GTS) last weekend, along with a '57 Chevy. Don't see many around these days.

·
Registered
682 Posts
The following is what I have in Racing Champions Mint;

1996 Mint Hot Rod Issues w/license plate & base
#2) '57 Chevy

#4) '64 Chevy

#8) '70 Plymouth Superbird

1997 Mint Edition w/plate & base
#4) '57 Chevy (red)

#21) '57 Chevy (yellow)

#126) '56 Nomad (turquoise & white)

1998 Motor Trend Mint black box, no plates or bases

#129) '56 Nomad (red & beige)

#135) '55 Chevy (green & white)

#136) '69 Camaro convert. (yellow, black top & stripes)

I also have a green Target exlusive '70 Chevelle Mint Edition and most of the Hot Rod series.

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
Each year , the packaging was changed . First year - '96 & '97 was with stands & plaques , second year - '98 was in black boxes , & 3rd year - '99 was in clear boxes . I was at my favorite area diecast store today , & he still has a few Mints . But mostly sub series , such as Police , Classified Classics , or 50 Fastest . Its Tys Toys in Waterford WI . www.tys-toys.com .
Ty Baker is the owner . Mostly carries Ertl stuff , & 1/18 ..
Dave H .

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
prbwheels : I found another vendor for Mint Editions today at a swap meet . He has lots of them & the other series too .

Mac McGrath from Crystal Lake Ill . 815-355-2645

1 - 9 of 9 Posts