Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 274 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I'm a noob so please be patient! I'm looking for an outdoor or indoor nitro off road track, or great bashing spot to run my xxx-nt. I hope to get into racing this year, but need some guidance!

anyone got links? or info? HELP!!

[email protected]

BTW I live in Medina, Ohio 35 min south of cleveland, just west of akron.

·
Registered
733 Posts
masi993- There is a track in your back yard. They race on Sunday morning during the summer. It is in Regan Park across the creek from the baseball fields.

·
Registered
733 Posts
They used to race 1/8th scale. I have not been there for a couple years, but the last time I was there they did. This is a bring your own table, shelter, power, and food track. I hear that electric may be added, but do not know for sure. If you are into traveling about 2 to 2-1/2 hours, McCullough's races anything and the competition is good.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I think there are a lot of bashers there, should be a good place for you. I think the Lutz family is running it now that they took over Medina City Hobby (Now a different name) They are good people. Check them out.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
well racing starts on the 25 of this month. they race 1/8 scale, 10 th scale gas & electric truck, and electric buggy. the track is in a public park, so yes y7ou can go and bash for nothing on none race dates.

matt

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
Hey all,

I heard through the grapevine that the place was packed last Saturday night-so they are off to a grand start.

Anyways-I am getting a Losi XXX MF truck and could use a set-up for Medina. Especially shock oil and piston and tires and inserts. The rest we can fine tune at track.

Thanks,
Ray

·
Registered
266 Posts
Ray - I need to be on that vine! Do they race every Sat? I am thinking of racing at McCulloughs this year, but if there is good comp. out there I will join you. It wouldn't be as far thats for sure. Let me know.

Also did you know the MF2 will be out in a couple of months? The only thing different is the Transmission (Big difference), and it has an adjustment to make the arms longer. I know a lot of people who have made there MF to a MF2 by adding the BK2 Transmission. Works awesome. Better low end and punch.

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
UrboTurbo said:
Ray - I need to be on that vine! Do they race every Sat? I am thinking of racing at McCulloughs this year, but if there is good comp. out there I will join you. It wouldn't be as far thats for sure. Let me know.

Also did you know the MF2 will be out in a couple of months? The only thing different is the Transmission (Big difference), and it has an adjustment to make the arms longer. I know a lot of people who have made there MF to a MF2 by adding the BK2 Transmission. Works awesome. Better low end and punch.
Cool deal on the MF2!! I am thinking it will be all summer before I am even remotely competitive-so I am not too worried about that.

Two guys that run on-road went to Medina Saturday night just to spectate and said it looks to be a really good summer out there.
NOw-gotta go make one of thse little bucket thingies with the brush glued to the bottom.

·
Registered
557 Posts
They had about 45 entries this past week. stock truck, monster trucks, gas trucks, and 8th scale. they are racing every saturday with racing starting at 5:00 pm. They have lights on the track....and soon there will be lights in the parking lot. As of right now they are not providing electricity but that may be in the works. They have completely redone the track and the lanes are wide....all new tubing as well. Larry Lutz is not actually running the track, it is being done by the other two owners of the shop....Chris and Bill. Greg...you have probably raced with them in the past...they go to crcrc. Chris is very good. I may be getting a mf2 when they come out so I will see you there.
UrboTurbo said:

·
Registered
266 Posts
Between a 16 and an 19 tooth for the MF. I have been to 21 in the T4, but it is for large tracks only. If it is a small track the Monster has nothing on a properly set up P2K2. Small Tracks = Torque. I will have to see how big Medina is.

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
UrboTurbo said:
Between a 16 and an 19 tooth for the MF. I have been to 21 in the T4, but it is for large tracks only. If it is a small track the Monster has nothing on a properly set up P2K2. Small Tracks = Torque. I will have to see how big Medina is.
Turbo-if your going Saturday night-would yu please call me and also give me your cell number. if I go I will be there around 5pm to 5:30 so i will miss practice, and a heat. So I will need someone to sign me up.

I talked to RCHobby and they think IFMAR pins work on the back and 8-rib fronts.

I guess my MF trucks got some nice hop-ups on it too-so I am even more pumped.

ANyone tell me the shock oil weights?

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
just wondering hear.... are you guys talking about medina r/c raceway in regan park?? just trying to figure this out.

matt

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
Mames said:
just wondering hear.... are you guys talking about medina r/c raceway in regan park?? just trying to figure this out.

matt
From 71 south you take Rt.3 South. 5-7 miles on Rt.3 will be Bowman Rd.(look for Park Service Entrance -Brown sign)-turn right and the tracks in the park.

My trucks in th FedExtruck somewhere in Cleveland-Yahoo!!!
Ray

1 - 20 of 274 Posts