Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Posted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:39 am Post subject: Looking for Info on Randy Cooper's ISD Kit A good friend has approached me about doing a build-up on his Star Destroyer. I have contacted Tobias about his posted build and he forwared me to Tim Ketzer who had done his build-up.
I do not have a problem putting a kit like this together but I have not seen this kit in person with. Tim mentioned the advantage of building it upside down and having the base removable for access. He also mentioned it would take about a Month full time to assemble and light as he did.
What I am looking for is any observations, opinions, reations or tips on this kit. PM me if you think your comments may hurt feelingsm but I really do not know enough to get a feel of what I may be getting into. I have questions about the parts breakdown. Also-
Does the hull need any additional structure or does it just fit and fill assemble?
How did you mount yours? (I am planning on making a custome Plex case here at work with 'V' supports, the edges of which will carry power to hull comtact points)
Are there any parts which needed modification to fit together as desired?
Any Mods to improve lighting in the Hanger bay or the side band coves?
What type of lighting was used for main/secondary engine bells?
ANy feedback on how much fun/living heII this build involved?

Any info will be appreciated-

·
Registered
4,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks- I just visited that site and there is a wealth of info- it is going to be a real bear to light but it won't look right without it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts