Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,

I have seen this 10 piece set a few times and its always going for at least $100
or more. What are the valuable vehicles in this that collectors are willing to pay
above top dollar for?

Attachments

·
Administrator
39,584 Posts
The one being sought after the most is the red Toyota. And the value difference would be for it and all the others in that these are first year issues and all of them are the exclusive versions (recolors) that were only available in this 10 pack mix.

·
Administrator
39,584 Posts
You will need to do a bit of research in the eBay sold listing to find individual values on each casting. The high value you are seeing is for the unopened 10 pack. Once they are out of the package the value of each will not be as high and you wouldnt be able to get the same overall value for all 10 individually - usually!.

Sometimes for die cast - especially the first editions of Matchbox this works the other way and you might be able to see a few of them value out at a higher individual price all together.

Do you know the names of each casting in the 10 pack to search eBay for them?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No, I have seen the monaco police car, the ambulance, and red land cruiser before. I don't know the others.
I specialize in customizing emergency vehicle sets and the 80s convoy trucks.
I build customized matchbox sized lego stations and customize lego fire vehicles as well.
I am primarily interested in the metro fire ambulance and would sell the remainder of the set.
I currently hold a high bid on ebay with less than 24 hours to go.

Attachments

·
Administrator
39,584 Posts
Good luck with the bidding! Let us know if you when and when you get the cars!

Nice work on the customizes. We do have a customs and dio section if you have the time to share you build stories and photos with us. Or you can create a thread in the general diecast discussions or our Emergency Vehicles forums. 🤙

The vendor registration has just recently changed but check out the Grow Your Business links at the bottom of the page or in the right column on some forum pages. If you want to just list the other Matchbox from the 10 pack you can do that in the members die cast buy sell or trade section.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts