Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to find black anodized hardware (8-32 flathead, 4-40 flat and butten heads). I have tried Fastener Express and they only have 4-40 sizes. I know that some car use black screws and lock nuts.

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
Larry,

Try this: http://www.boltdepot.com/socket-products.aspx

Plus you have 3 nut and bolt dealers locally in Richmond. These are common sizes and shouldn't cost you over $6 for a box of 100. Also the black is the most common, just heat treated alloy steel. Nothing special.:)

JB

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
Larry didn't say alumunum..:rolleyes: Sorry...

Why Aluminum?? Lighter I'd guess. Hmmmm...save 1/10th of an ounce and add lead to make weight...HAHAHA You guys are a riot.:lol:

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
JB, Larry said black anodized, if he said black oxide your website would have be fine. With todays Batteries a stock pan car with wing and reciver pack is 1+oz over weight.

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This is for a project a friend and I are doing. Building a show car of sorts. We sent some parts to be anodized and just trying to match things up. Aluminum is what we would like to get, but may have to use steel. Also I would prefer aluminum for the front-end like the manufacture uses.

Thanks to all trying to help. I did a googel search and found Boltdepot.com and others. Most had some aluminum anodized in red and blue, but no black.

May have to find someone to do the anodizing of the hardware.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts