Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help me locate a picture of (I Think) a Cam-Am Car that raced in the 80's that was painted in the Red and White 'Coke is the Real Thing' theme.

Thanks,

Dave

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bbtt,

Help, I am still looking. This is really bugging me, I know I seen this car.

Dave :freak:

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
I have a book printed in 1981 on Can-Am cars. There are no Coke liveried cars in there. There is a CRC sponsored car that is white w/red on the sides and top and a Magicolor sponsored car with stripes on the side that are in the "wave" form.

Good luck! If you get the picture, please post it here.

Marty

·
Registered
4,512 Posts

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Micyou03,
If you read the description of the car they note that it is a K3 version of the car... lots of changes from the original car or most popular version of the car.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
If your looking for a good pics site, see below as they have most every car for every race on Sports cars...it's a site I use often!

As for the Coke car, I'm a huge Can-Am fan, and can't say I remember seeing a Coke car from the 80's Can-am II series....as Marty mentions, the MagiColor car driven by Mario Andretti looks alot like a coke car, I will check my personal pics at the home tonight for a Coke though.

http://www.racingsportscars.com/photo.html

--------------------------
www.SlotCarJohnnies.com

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
SCJ, that is one awesome site. The sports car classes are what do it for me. It's totally awe inspiring to see the real version of an AFX slotcar out there on the track. That's what makes it real. I wish someone would step up to the plate and start producing some more HO scale models of these cars.

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You guys are right, it was my mistake looking under the Cam-Am Cars. Again everybody thank you for you help.

Dave

1 - 13 of 13 Posts