Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All my buddy needs is a lense in good condition to put on his 72 Javelin Alabama Highway Patrol car he is restoring. Made by a company named Dietz and will look like the one on this Javelin. It is a rotating 4 light.

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I assume GL used your buddy's car as a template of sorts for their Highway Patrol Javelin?

He has never mention that they did.
Interesting story on the second HP he is restoring.
AMC did not have enough 71s to fill the order so they used 12 72s. The car he is restoring now is documented as #7. The lady he bought it from bought it for her son to restore and he wasn't up to it. The car laid in her yard for many years until my buddy got it. All of the body work is done and it is painted. The engine runs but he will rebuild it. He had a guy to do the seats but the guy took the money and didn't do the work. He is searching for a upholsterer again now. The 71s are a different color than the 72 he is working on. The 71 is a blue gray and the 72 is gray. I should have taken my camera.

·
Registered
172 Posts
If you are looking for just a lens try NAPA also go to your local police garage were they work on them they might have one in their old stock

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We are taking a short trip soon and we will look at police stations

1 - 6 of 6 Posts