Hobbyist Forums banner
  • If you've ever been interested in the history of Zee Toys or Maisto over the course of the 80s, 90s and into the modern day, you should come over to the Hobbytalk Ask Me Anything with Chepp going live on Tuesday, September 21st and running until Thursday, September 23rd. Don't miss out! You can ask your questions here!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...to contain my tire compound. A new can only seems to last a cople months before its all gone. I think it may be mostly evaporating.What else could i use beside the stock can. Im using jack the gripper

thanks

·
Premium Member
1,303 Posts
you could try a empty glass jelly jar, just pour some into your can to use the aplicator and keep the rest in the jar

·
Registered
7,343 Posts
Something like a cleaned out old Plastic Automotive BRAKE FLUID bottle would be about the right size...and they usually seal pretty good.

On race day, I pour a little sauce into a Testors/Pactra type glass paint bottle (Those small ones), just so it's easy access..and the brush dips into it really well....plus they seal up pretty good too.

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
Thats odd about jack... It not a traction compound that evaporates.. Most races that use jack, you can look at the track a week later and the gunk is still in the rug.. I have a few cans of paragon, and TQ that are 3-5 years old.. they are still just as full now as they were when i put it in the cabinet.. The one thing i noticed about jack is it usually goes fast because f the brush applicator.. you put on more because of it.. I even went as far as putting it into a old TQ can and using the dauber..

One a side note i took my jack, and mixed it with another traction compound.. it was a ful can.. i had to dump some of it into a glass to make room for the mix.. I just checked the glass which has been sitting out in the air with no cap for well over a month.. it has not evaporated at all..

A lot of guys here go to wal mart and get empty bingo daubers.. they fill them with there diff traction compounds, then mark them to what they re.. this keep them always sealed, and the traction compound comes through the top like ink would.. Its never really making contact with open air..

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ill have to go get some of those bingo dabbers. Id have to agree that the brush style applicator makes you use alot more but here in canada the stuff is 15 dollars a can so i have to make it last for at least 10 races or so.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts