Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Were these packs random,everything ive searched seems like there is 26 different ones. Mine is not on any of them,is this one a one off or is it just purely random?

·
Administrator
28,889 Posts
Depends on which casting your asking about. HWs have exclusive castings that go into multipacks (3, 5, 9, 20 or 50) each year.

Multipack Exclusive

Collectors also look for any pack that has all 1:1 cars in them - like yours does. It is easier to do with a 3 pack than say a 9 pack on up though.

If you are asking about the Porsche and you just found this 3 pack recently - keep in mind that Porsche is a 2018 multipack exclusive and this is probably the primary reason you dont see it in any other 3 packs at commercial sales outlets now.

Take a look at the copy right date on the back of the package. Usually that means the package was sold in the next years productions runs. Sometimes left over castings also go into the next years multipacks too. Meaning it would proobably have a 2018 or later copy right date.

A cool find on the Porsche then. Congrates!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh ok,so they just toss them into random packs i have to find them separately . It was a nice find at a dollarama at that. Hate all those weird ass concept carsfrom hot wheels,this was a diamond out of all of them.thanks for the info,ill look it up myself but any knowledge on value if i hold onto them?

·
Administrator
28,889 Posts
It will vary but the most value is in keeping them (especially the Porsche) packaged. A dedicated Porsche collector will pay extra for one still packaged. If you run across someone who collects Porsches, Lambos and 'Vettes then you can get a higher price. Finding them is the hard part. The Porsche by itself runs about $5.00 depending on the listed shipping cost in the ebay sold listings even today. Add $2.00 each for both the 'Vette and Lambo and then all being still packaged together - $10 to $12 would probably be a fair price. Good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts