Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This board has turned into a "look what i have", or "look at my pics board". Boring.....:rolleyes: Almost the whole first page..... How about a seperate page for these guys.

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
What is wrong with people showing pictures of their cars? I thought that was the point of having a board - you can post whatever you like about the brand, whether it be finds, pictures, or anything else.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
i look mostly on here for things that are new. i go by the ..look what i got in the mail .....items, and the "hit it at walmart" posts. it's seems to have become who can one up the other situation on here, unless it's someones first find of a hunt or chase. am i guilty? yes to the extreme if i find a treasure hunt i'll post it in hot wheels, or a green light maybe in green light. but i don't put any pictures in any caregory. only if i found it in a strange place or time.

·
Registered
616 Posts
nhlfrk said:
This board has turned into a "look what i have", or "look at my pics board". Boring.....:rolleyes: Almost the whole first page..... How about a seperate page for these guys.

And here I thought all the whiners were at HWC. Guess I won't post the pictures of cars that I got in the mail yesterday. Would want to "bore" anyone! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,306 Posts
I don't know... I do side with those that like to see new cars posted... but...

(there's always a big but!)

ya gotta admit, as an example just recently... we all know what the freakin' Batmobile looks like ..in package...out of package... close ups of variations...
come on, we really don't need another another post that says 'look what I found!'... and we get a pic of the 5 or 8 batmobiles that the guy grabbed from Wally World...:rolleyes: ....same thing with TH's.... maybe use the 'search' option on this board?

...and I swear that some guys have created a macro for their response... "Congrats!"... "nice grab!"....

....if you really need to hear "wow, yer the greatest! congrats!"... for every new car/cars u find, well, maybe u need, ..I don't know... some live reassurance froma real person?

On a positive note, you can always ignore these posts, I'm sure you can figure out which ones they are, and it's not that much of a waste of time to click it, then click 'back'

..another hint, even if yer just looking for a pic of some just released car, just go to e-bay...go to the Hot Wheels section...then click 'newly listed'...I'm sure the scalpers and door warmers will help you out with the pic!...and ya don't even have to buy it! :lol:

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
I really don't understand the mentality of some of you people. You are complaining about people posting threads/pictures of some of their diecast finds in a diecast forum! What in the world is wrong with that? If it upsets you that much, move on to another thread. I'm so sorry if I offended anyone by showing four HWs that I recently got in the mail. :rolleyes:

I DON'T post pictures looking for praise or self-gratification. I post pictures because I like this hobby and I like to share with others in this hobby. I enjoy looking at the collection of other members. I look forward to seeing new pictures from members such as sschevyman1, for example. He has a great collection & I have seen cars of his that I had never seen before. Thank you, sschevyman1, for all the great diecast pics you have shown over the past year. I look forward to seeing many more.

I, for one, will not waste anymore of your people's valuable time. It's a real shame that I can't give back to a few of you the 10 or 20 seconds of your precious time that you lost by reading one of my posts. Gosh, I hope it wasn't a life-altering event for you.

A few of you could do well by doing one of two things ( or possibly both):

Grow up or shut up. :(

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
I gotta say I enjoy the pics even if I have seen the car before. There are the buts, there can be an overkill of the same car. Keep on posting the pics guys and if I have seen the car or cars enough, I will move to another thread.
Nice Charger ECchopper, dare I say Congrats !!!

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Ya know there are some of us who are new to collecting and don't know what every HW looks like. I enjoy the pics, it helps me to know what to look for and not just the number or name on the card. I also like to see others collections, that's why some collect, to show off their collections. Some people are proud that they stood in line in the wee hours of the morning for a store to open so the search could begin. There shouldn't be anything wrong with showing off ones collections. That's my 2 cents from a new collector.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
if your standing at a store in the "wee" hours of the morning, you don't have a hobby, you've a second job that's an addiction. you definitely need some couch time.
plus your whats wrong with the hobby. hoarders and scalpers.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
and i don't read them......... i'm tired of the same cars over and over in pictures. and sick of "i got this in the mail". month after month. i avoid the crap. it's become nothing but bragging, for people addicted to a second job, hoarding and scalping.

i look on here for news, or a new car, or program.. or to see someone found their first hunt or chase. not to see the same person showing off what they stood in line for like a addicted fool at 8:00 in the morning to rush into target to get, like an idiot, and then showoff what 5 others have that same day or week.

i get what i find, or stumble across. it's fun. not a job. i have a real job. hot wheels is my hobby. (i've had other hobbies, and am selling what i had, for no where near what i spent, and hot wheels will be the same)

i do it for fun. i don't need every car. and i laugh my #[email protected]@% off at the fools on here and HWC.com, that make this a job, not a hobby.
i have fun, and get a kick out of finding a hunt in a dollar general. what's the challenge in bribing the clerk in walmart, or rushing into walmart at 6:00 a.m.? anyone can do that. try only going out when you feel like it, or have a minute, and finding a treasure hunt or chase car. that's the real idea behind the hobby. not buying 100 of a car to sell online.
NEWSFLASH! your buying a childs toy. and treating it like your chasing something that means life or death.
GET UPSET ABOUT THIS... think about those people at virginia tech, or the homeless, etc.

not missing a hot wheels or other car.

or in other words.......get a life.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
if your getting up and hitting walmart a 6, and taget at 8, and go on thru the day. your still working .

do something constructive. help the homeless. help your community. help the elderly, for which if your retired you will need the help soon enough, and those hot wheels won't feed you.

like i said...get a life.
nough said. you all fight it out. i'm wrong on many things. but 100 % right on this. i've helped the homeless, etc. you'll find it alot more rewarding than finding a treasure hunt if your a human being.

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
Ya know, for the first few years of my being a member of HT, I couldn't wait until I could afford a camera, so I could post pics of my collection, or of stuff I found. Yes, it can get a little repetitive when people post the same pics. But this is a diecast board, and the pics are diecast related. If you don't care to look at them, skip over them. What's the big deal? Nobody is twisting your arm to read every thread. I don't. If it looks interesting, I'll read. Same thing with O/T threads. If the title doesn't interest me, I skip it. At least there's threads to read. Maybe you could visit some of the less fortunate HT boards, where there hasn't been a thread started in days. Nobody finding anything there, so there wouldn't be any pics.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts