Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this today for .75 cents at a little trift store. The guy there has a bunch from mid 90's and I've gone in there two times before and bought some. So today I bring in a buddy to go through what he had, and I happen to find this baby on the bottom of the box and it was in the blister card protector too.
:roll: :D :thumbsup:

·
Registered
7,277 Posts
I assume, since u said all the other cars were from the 90's, that it's an original and not the anniversary one just taken out of the box (u can tell by the back of the card...
value wise, about the same percentage as this one I found in an antique shop...the price sticker is the amount I paid for it..about 6 months ago...

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow, that looks like a nice find, what year is it from? I first started collecting JL's and love them. I just stared collecting hot wheels too about 2 months ago.

Yes it's an original from 1996.

·
Registered
7,277 Posts
jeep4x4 said:
Wow, that looks like a nice find, what year is it from? I first started collecting JL's and love them. .
that one is an original Topper from 1971, the equivelant of the redline Hot Wheels era...long before Playing Mantis revived the brand in 1994

·
Registered
7,277 Posts
Eurosport94 said:
sweet find, what store did you get that from??
the old Topper JL was from one of those little consignment antique stores where u pay for a little booth... guy had all kinds of diecast, mostly HW'
s but wanted alot for the HWs... guess he didn't know JL very well cuz he had that one mixed in with the 94-95 commerative Toppers...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts