Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
3,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
you know the rolled up poster that comes with the RC2 TOS Enterprise? Not sure if it just comes with the tin or not but I have the tin. It, along with the poster have been destroyed by my little one. I'm still using the tin to hold my wee paint jars. It does of a good job of it too.

Soo, I was hoping someone might have an extra poster that they don't want.

I think it was Andy who said, "suitable for framing". Yeah it is. I would so do that.

:)

·
Oxidation Genius
31,277 Posts
RC2 had 2 posters for Trek kits back in the '90s, are you talking about the A or the D?
That was Ertl. I don't think RC2 owned them yet at the time, did they?

I think he means the one that comes with the new re-release (by Round 2) of the original AMT kit. It's just the boxtop art.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
My standard box reissues of the 18" TOS E don't have the poster- you'll need someone with an extra from the tin box issue (which I don't have and never saw).

·
Banned
3,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You said "tin". I think that was done by Round 2 Models not RC2. They did the poster.

Mark Dean
ya, and? Maybe I'm just being dense. It's the RC2 kit of the 650th (ish) TOS-E in the tin box with the box art poster within. I did message RC2 asking them if I could buy a replacement.

·
Banned
3,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
why was I thinking they're the same?

Aren't they? :confused:

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
not the same at all...
rc2 is the company that first purchased polar lights/johnny lightning/playing mantis from tom lowe, and that then abandoned all kit production.

round 2 is a much newer company founded by tom lowe that (a few years after the previously mentioned sale) purchased polar lights, amt, and mpc (as well as johnny lightning) back from rc2 for the purpose of resuming and expanding production of kits.

·
Oxidation Genius
31,277 Posts
"RC2" stands for "Racing Champions," now-defunct company that used to own the AMT/Ertl model line and purchase Polar Lights from Tom Lowe. Round 2 is a different company that only recently bought the AMT/Ertl and PL model lines, owned by Tome Lowe.

·
Oxidation Genius
31,277 Posts
And, if you want the poster, you can still buy the tin-box model kit.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts