Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Silent but Deadly
4,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I happened to be going through a book of old links, and found this blast from the past.

Mangodance's Good Trader Registry

How many of you metal-base heads remember some of these names? Many of whom I haven't seen or heard from in a loooong time.:freak:

Man, the times we had back then...

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
I see a lot of names I remember talking with:
T/A Tom- I believe I still have a car that has his signature on.
Robdog and Robmcin
Pony
Triple20
Modsquad
Mangodance
Captain Fred
JnkFleet
PWSchuh
wyatt
Dadvball
Mr. Stubbs
Mac Regan
Kiowa
and of course you, OWL.
Not to mention many others I just don't recall.
Richard

·
Registered
999 Posts
I remember about 80% of them.
I remember quite a few of them, as well, even though I only lurked here during those days. (Still not much of a poster)

Now I have something stuck in my head from back then. Who was the guy who tried to buy all the red '67 GTO WL's from the Muscle car (203-04) set? I think he was trying to prove there were more than 1% or something like that.

Was T/A Tom the Mayor 'til he got booted, or am I getting addlebrained in my old age?

I could waste a lot of time with these old questions.

Mike

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
Yes, T/A Tom was the Mayor until he was caught in some shens.

Larry, also known as Dammitman, was the one buying up the GTO WL's.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Yes, T/A Tom was the Mayor until he was caught in some shens.

Larry, also known as Dammitman, was the one buying up the GTO WL's.
Thanks!

Back when Playing Mantis was going strong, there was a lot of spirited discussions on this board. That wasn't always a good thing, but it was interesting.

Mike

·
Registered
916 Posts
Yea, can't believe it has been 13 years since I signed on here to discuss Johnny Lightnings....ouch. The Playing Mantis days were fun. It was a great company!!

·
Silent but Deadly
4,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I miss Mangodance's cookies that he always sent in a trade! He disappeared quite suddenly from this board, yet his website still remains after at least 8 years. Others have also either left for other things, or evolved into new characters, and several still exist to this day.

Marco had this great site on promos, miss that, too. I wonder how many of the old emails still work, and the old websites.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
rwwcarguy.......Where's he been?

RobDog..??

RobMcin is still here....he just lurks in the Moderator space, but I know he's watchin'

What about TinyWheels, where's Gary??.....And everybody's favorite female from Pennsylvania, Barb??

How about KennyKaos??

We should do a barnfind mission and dig some of these guys up !
:wave:

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
Signing on in 2006 makes me a bit of a newbie compared to you guys. I really miss RobDog (woof woof!). He and I had some great trades and he was a prolific RAOKer. Last I knew, he got a job with the Florida DOT that had him on the road alot.
Mac Ragan chimes in from time to time. Sure wish he would be back in the hobby in a more visible role again.
Bobby (rwwcarguy) has gotten out of the hobby and as many of us know, his bulletin board, JLTalk, has folded.:( What a great supporter of the hobby he was....
Hoping to be meeting up with Dadvball (Bill) on Sunday for a run to Pete's Model Garage for a toy show. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
OMG...there are very few of us left who remember those names being a part of our daily reads. We were all so jazzed over JL in those days. I wish the newer guys could spend a day at those races. They wouldn't recognize this board.

·
Registered
8,588 Posts
i'm still here
hey pms485 remeber me asking in january for 1 drawing a month to be posted?
i have all 12 still.:thumbsup:
dam i miss the good old days. sunday morning coffee chat and the reg chat
cant remember the guy who use to fall asleep in chat and would be there the next morning. lmao...he use to install windmills and power plant gen's.
to bad thats when jl was bad to the bone and solid metal.:wave:

·
Premium Member
1,596 Posts
dam i miss the good old days. sunday morning coffee chat and the reg chat
cant remember the guy who use to fall asleep in chat and would be there the next morning. lmao...he use to install windmills and power plant gen's.
to bad thats when jl was bad to the bone and solid metal.:wave:
Was it Hoosier-Lightning?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts