Hobbyist Forums banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts
I've never heard of this brand diecast but recently at a yard sale I found the Mercedes Benz already posted here - mine was in better condition with practically zero chips or marks. I fell in love with the headlights. Is this vintage or are they still making them? The rolls Royce is super hot- I have to get one and the vw van! I defntly like the opening doors, hood, trunk etc. Anyone have a site I can visit to learn more about this brand- thnx. I couldn't post a pic of my find because my laptop screen is cracked-$400 to fix. Sorry

I just read a good article on these little Impy's in Model Collector, Sep 2010. Introduced May 1966, redesigned as Impy Flyers after Hot Wheels came out, simplyfied in 1976 with no opening features, no interiors, and black plastic windows. Gone by the early 1980s.

Superb photos all of them :wave:
I have always liked seeing folks enjoying the opening features on their toys, which alongside working suspension are the 2 features that grab me the most and set vintage toy collecting apart from modern diecast.
I have seen a lot of this range in heavily playworn condition with Corsairs and Vettes being particularly common here but the scale prevents me from collecting them actively....

I've never heard of this brand diecast but recently at a yard sale I found the Mercedes Benz already posted here - mine was in better condition with practically zero chips or marks. I fell in love with the headlights. Is this vintage or are they still making them? The rolls Royce is super hot- I have to get one and the vw van! I defntly like the opening doors, hood, trunk etc. Anyone have a site I can visit to learn more about this brand- thnx. I couldn't post a pic of my find because my laptop screen is cracked-$400 to fix. Sorry

Nothing like a 10 year follow up to a question, but we now have a consolidated history thread on Lone Star. There are also a few more links to other sites with more images and information included. If you know of others please let us know and we can add them to the history and links. TIA-MFR

21 - 36 of 36 Posts