Hobbyist Forums banner

Lonestar Roadmaster "Impy" Supercars

16K views 35 replies 17 participants last post by  Baron von Zach 
#1 ·
They must be the winners of the most words in their name contest.
I've liked them since a kid, I think its the jeweled headlights, or maybe the finger fun with the opening features, or maybe the steerable front wheels. I just like 'em:thumbsup: The Chrysler is my favorite followed by the Rolls.

I have a small collection of these and have been taking some pics of them...alot of pics. So I will post a few at a time 'til I run out.
Anybody else collect these? Post some pics

See less See more
#28 ·
I just read a good article on these little Impy's in Model Collector, Sep 2010. Introduced May 1966, redesigned as Impy Flyers after Hot Wheels came out, simplyfied in 1976 with no opening features, no interiors, and black plastic windows. Gone by the early 1980s.

#30 ·
Superb photos all of them :wave:
I have always liked seeing folks enjoying the opening features on their toys, which alongside working suspension are the 2 features that grab me the most and set vintage toy collecting apart from modern diecast.
I have seen a lot of this range in heavily playworn condition with Corsairs and Vettes being particularly common here but the scale prevents me from collecting them actively....