Hobbyist Forums banner

Lone Star Flyers - Vauxhall Firenza

10K views 27 replies 9 participants last post by  honda9783 
#1 ·
i have a vauxhall Firenza in mint condition found in my attic, the car is in silver and is boxed with the leaflet, does anybody have any info on this car?

#2 ·
# 7 Vauxhall Firenza (1971 - 1976) Lone Star was given exclusive rights to promote this car to promote the real car on the same day of its release May 26 1971. It is three inches long with opening hood and doors and many colours. There was left and right handed steering versions . the name Vauxhall was removed from the base for cars sold in North America leaving the name Firenza and the body casting was changed to remove the name Vauxhall from between the two rear lights. This was because it was sold under the Pontiac name. Any Firenza will command a premium price. (Reference Toy Collector.com ) I had a gold Firenza with fading blotchy paint (a shelf car) not played with. I sold it for $325 Canadian 4 years ago on Ebay. England and Japan were fighting for it. I have not seen any since and I look all the time.

#4 ·
These Firenzas normally came in a blisterpack.If yours is in a Vauxhall box you may well have a £2-400 item if it has unusual coloured seats or left hand drive -some colours are rarer than others but demand for all outstrips supply so auctioning it where the high rollers bid is great way to realise its potential. Collectoys in France are probably the best for getting high prices with Vectis in the UK some way behind and rather expensive to use.

#13 ·

Finally found the piece o' crap I was remember seeing.
Opel T series, based on a Chevette and Pontiac "T" 1000.
Then, they stuck an Izuzu engine in them. Random much???
Ah, the 4 wheel mutts of the world. And there are a GREAT many of them.
I think All cars are pretty much lack of an origonal blood line allmost.

Hi, my name is Lummox, and I am a car Facist.

#17 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.