Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is a Politoys Lola GT. Its one of my more rare 1/43 acqusitions. Its in need of a repaint and missing a head lamp glazing. I believe I can fashion somthing for that. I'm in the process of trying to find the 63? LeMans colors and number for the car. Any input would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
13,377 Posts
Nice vintage Politoys Lola GT Clearhooter! :thumbsup:

I had a similar Lola that I bought in 1969. Mine was white with a red racing stripe I believe. The racing stripe was nothing more than a sticker. Is the racing stripe on your car a sticker?

·
Registered
5,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine's been repainted.....And needs to be repainted :p Looks like a decal. The stripe looks like a sticker.

·
Premium Member
13,377 Posts
ClearHooter said:
Mine's been repainted.....And needs to be repainted :p Looks like a decal. The stripe looks like a sticker.
I no longer have my Lola GT. I recall that the racing stripe (sticker) was starting to lift up from the body. I sold it to a collector who really wanted it about 8 years ago. I remember buying it in 1969 for $0.79 in a hobby type of store. It was a reduced price. I can't remember what the original price was. The spring suspension on these cars always impressed me.

Thanks for posting the pics and bringing back happy memories.

·
Registered
5,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah. That little spring in there is "funky." I like the opening doors. This car is missing the duct work on the front bonnet for the radiator fans. Don't see me adding that. Too risky. I'll post it back up when I get it the way I want it.

·
Registered
12,959 Posts
I can't help you with the color or the numbers CH. I just wanted to say that I like the car. It's pretty nifty.

·
Registered
5,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I haven't put a great deal of effort into the research as of yet. I would have thought it would have been some shade of BRG considering the source and period it was run. The number shouldn't be had to find but unless I can get a photo the font may be a pain. I recall seeing a photo in Road & Track back in 63 or 64 that had the car in it. I don't recall it being in color however nor do I recall it being numbered.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts