Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
looking for some track and stuff ???

i would like to try and find a moderate starting track for 1/32 scale cars with a couple starter cars as cheeply as possible. i recently introduced my two sons to slot cars at a nearby track and there in love with these.. i race rc and know very little about slot i have an HO track set up now for them thats about 4X8 thats a temp track made up out of some tyco track i srcounged around here and there for and they cant stop playing with it but i think they would enjoy the 1/32 scale better as would i. I'm not looking for anything elaberate although i will prob make a perm track layout for them just basic starter as i said i dont have much cash at the present but i am looking for a good price or even possible trade for HO stuff i have 7 cars and about 25 ft of 2 lane track with banks and such... lmk what ya have and a price thanks... send pics to [email protected] if ya have em...thanks agian..

·
Registered
327 Posts
Artin

Hi,

You probably already know this ... Artin sells a very good set up at very low price points.

Might check them out, they sell some 2 plus million sets a year, must be doing something right. They have a decent line up of cars, and can take abuse.

Some slot forums sites have a dedicated forum for Artin only, that is big a draw they are.

As for trades, most guys are either HO, 1/32, whatever, so a trade is very unlikely.

Good luck,
Jas

·
Registered
229 Posts
I would have to agree that an Artin set up would be a good entry level starting point. Cars cost less also

Its pretty easy to Spend money with say Scalextric for example.
A starter set is 200.00 + and cars are 30-40.00 EACH!!!
Go Digital and its even more.
I took up 1/32 back in July with a scaley digital set up. I bought extra track used and have 12 cars now........Ive spent all total about 1200.00 so far and have another 400.00 to go to finish enhancements/wiring etc.
Adding cars is 50.00 minimum for anything nice chipped and as high as 80.00

But digital is Very Nice!! But it is a kick in the wallet!!!

·
Registered
123 Posts
I have the Artin 4 lane American Stocker for sale for $160 including shipping. Its a great starter set. This 1/32 scale 4 Lane Oval comes with 4 Stock Cars with peel and stick decals. You could also create you favorite drivers car with aftermarket water slide decals. Include R3 and R4 turns for fast sweeping turns. Layout is 8' x 5'.4". Can easily be expanded to make up to 8 lanes. Comes with 4 Controllers and 1 power pack. Outer turn borders with walls. Templete to make risers for banked turns. Artin is your best value in slot car tracks. I even run my 1/43 cars on my personal 4 lane Artin Track.
Jeff
JWL Slot cars

1 - 6 of 6 Posts