Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
New JL's on the pegs...at last two pegs anyway, containing about 16 cars or so. One Classic Gold Futura in the bunch, which came home with me. Plastic tires version. The bubble was dinged on on side (so much for the idea of extra protection from the plastic seal), but the car and canopy seem to be in good condition. The tires and axles look straight from the under view.

Pics to follow, probably tomorrow. I'm thinking of opening this and an older Futura and photographing a step by step comparison of old and new casting quality and cards. There's been a lot of talk and speculation on both, some of which I believe needs some good comparison pics and reports to match. Will the canopy fall off the new car when it's opened? Will the tires roll right? Is there a time bomb under the hood? Stay tuned to this Bat-channel for the answers...

·
Premium Member
13,378 Posts
The canopy didn't fall of either of the '55 Lincoln Futuras that I opened (plastic wheel and rubber tire version). The horrible smell of the car went away after two days too.

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
I've only seen one on the pegs with the canopy still attached. Is that something that's supposed to be removable, or is that just manufacturing issues?

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
70XR7 said:
I've only seen one on the pegs with the canopy still attached. Is that something that's supposed to be removable, or is that just manufacturing issues?
Er, um, it;s like the chevy impala in the High Performance series...there's the top-on version and the top-off version....

ok, not really. :tongue:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts